18 August 2018

Emotional Week

Marv woke me up out of a sound sleep Monday night.  It was Tuesday but it was 3a.  He was crying his head off.  I smelled that he went to the bathroom but didn’t know what the trouble was.  I sat with him and looked around with a flashlight but I couldn’t find any evidence.  The odor was pretty strong around him but I wasn’t exactly at my brightest moment.  Turns out he had an accident and it was everywhere on him.  He was trying to let me know but considering that all I wanted to do was go back to bed, I didn’t pickup on it until the next morning.  I sat with him for a couple hours until he finally fell back asleep. 

As you probably already guessed I took Tuesday off because I was not in any shape to drive.  Marv took full advantage of being extra needy and I gave him my full attention.  We watched a couple movies, saw the Charlie Puth concert again (thanks to YouTube) and worked out my car accident details.  I also got to leave for a bit to grab my new eye glasses that had just come in.  It was by far the most productive stay home day from work that I have had in quite sometime.  Marv also started eating again and not just wet food but dry food as well.  Once I saw that I knew in my heart he would be okay but I still was cautious.  Here we are on Saturday and he’s still eating.  I hope that he never, ever stops again. 

The car thing, turns out the guy who caused this lovely mess his Insurance Company was being difficult with me.  So I got tired of it, all of this back and forth telling me that I had to go to a specific shop and they couldn’t get me in until next Monday, which means more time off.  Bullshit.  I called my insurance company and they are waiving the deductible since they are going to be reimbursed by the other guys insurance and I got everything all setup from the convenience of my couch in less than 30 minutes.  I had been dealing with his insurance company for 3 or 4 days.  There supposed to be Progressive but I’ll tell you they are anything but Progressive.  Thankfully I have a 1st rate company.  Speaking of auto insurance I nearly stroked out at the post office, I got my next 6 month bill and the cost went up not by much but the overall price tag is one and a half car payments.  Jesus thankfully they allow monthly payments because there is no way I could just fork over that kind of cash without having serious operating problems. 

Back to Marv.  I heard from the vet mid-week that his Thyroid was way out of whack and I needed to increase his medicine.  They seem to think that his IBS is affecting his body’s ability to properly absorb the medicine.  He’s previously been okay but this time, that is not the case.  His liver enzymes are also elevated.  He’s not in liver failure but it is something to be concerned about.  If we can get the Thyroid level back down the liver will values should return to normal.  So I increased his medicine and within a few hours he had severe diarrhea.  I looked at the litter box and said there is no way I can keep doing this to him.  So back to reach out to the vet.  They gave me the same old same old, probiotics or diet change.  If that fails then I could revert back to transdermal medicine.  The cost of his Thyroid pills is pennies because I can get it filled at work.  If I go to the Transdermal medicine then I have to pay a compounding pharmacy $45 a month.  It’s not that I don’t have it but why spend it unless it’s necessary.  I stopped his medicine to give him some relief because he was crapping all over the house and not just in the litter box.  Poor guy I could tell he was miserable.  I did some research and found a probiotic that has a time release factor to it and has 3 strains of bacteria instead of 1.  So it’s supposed to be more wonderful for him.  It’s going to be delivered at my door step tomorrow.  I will start him on it right away and then resume the Thyroid medicine.  It will be probably a matter of a couple hours to a day before I know if it’s going to help.  If not then I will go the transdermal route because I just can’t put him through this.  I know he needs to get his Thyroid under control but he shouldn’t turn into a liquid shitting machine either. 

Big announcement at work, we made another acquisition and by October 1 there will be about 30 more people joining us.  This is on top of our Fall hires which there are around 13 to 15 and those people start in the next 2 to 3 weeks.  So I will be a busy guy on-boarding a lot of folks.  It will be super stressful and I will want to pull my hair out but I know there will eventually be an end and it’s temporary.  It will make us a larger organization and puts us in a better position to serve our clients.

Speaking of work my boss asked for some documentation about how we deal with people who have elevated access and are going to be leaving or asked to leave.  I wonder if this is just him being curious or if he is actually going to let someone go.  He’s told me that my promotion is still on-track (not in the same conversation) and that they are still working through things.  I’m good with being hourly and with new people starting if I have to put in OT it won’t be a problem.  Salaried and promoted well I won’t get any extra so I just as soon stay hourly for now.  As with anything there is good and bad.

Ever look through what I call Suggested Friends or as FB calls it, People you might know?  Well I do it periodically.  It picks some strange people that I have no idea who they are for the most part.  I have a couple of people that I actually do know but don’t necessarily need to be friends with.  Anyway, there was this amazingly cute guy that just knocked my socks off.  I had to know more about him, turns out we have a mutual friend.  From his profile I make the deduction that he is gay.  Then I did the unthinkable.  I sent a friend request along with a private message telling him how I think he is just the bees knees and asking him out.  He doesn’t look to be on FB frequently so I don’t anticipate a timely reply and with as cute as he is, I wonder if he’s even single.  I keep sticking my neck out and either eventually someone will chop it off or someone will take me up on my offer.  I am very selective and picky.  This guy seems to be well rounded and has a great job, plus our mutual friend well she is cream of the crop (at least in my book).  We used to work together but I haven’t said anything to her, I suspect he will be reaching out to her asking what kind of a person I am.  Regardless if it’s a YES or a NO I’d just like to hear from him to end the suspense.  So maybe I found love, maybe I found a new friend or maybe I’ll just get shutdown.  Stay tuned to find out, as the sands fall through the hourglass so are the days of our lives. 

My new glasses, yeah still on the quest to find bright blue.  What I saw in the eye doctors office and what I got are different.  They don’t seem to pop like the sample pair did.  However, in the right lighting they are really blue.  In other lighting they look black.  So I think this is the very last pair of glasses I will ever get from that doctors office.  They can do my eye exam but from now on it will be written prescription and I will go some place else.  This is my 1st plastic frame.  I had to do several adjustments to get it quite right but they still slip a little bit and irritate my ears.  So on to Amazon and I got some silicone ear cushions.  They arrived today and I tried them out, they seem to do the trick.  The one strange issue I have is the TV looks fine, the computer looks fine, driving and normal day activities look fine.  Pickup my iPhone and it looks blurry, I get more clearer vision if I take the glasses off and look at my phone.  I’ve never had this problem before and I suspect there is an element of the prescription that is off somehow.  I’m going to try my old pair on and test to see how my phone appears, then I will put on the new pair and I’m sure I will have different results.  Provided that is the case then next Saturday it will be back to the eye doctor.  I didn’t just drop $200 not to be able to see my phone. 

Okay this is the part where it gets sexual or semi-sexual.  If you don’t want to read that skip this part.  If you do want to read then here we go.  So I ordered a new toy and it arrived this week.  I’ve had my eye on it for quite sometime.  At the end of the day it’s a fancy vibrator.  It’s advertised as a rimmer, so it vibrates but at the end there is an encase series of beads that rotate to give you the rimming effect.  It even has a remote control.  I haven’t tried it out yet, I kept saying I would but time would get away from me.  I have tested it on my hand just to make sure I am comfortable operating it and holy crap, I expect a mind numbing orgasm from this bad boy.  It’s USB rechargeable so no need for batteries.  I have a lot of toys or so I think but I don’t use them all that often.  It’s a cleanup thing, I know it will feel good but I don’t want to exert the extra effort that is required afterwards.  The other thing I bought is a magnetic ball stretcher.  I have also had my eye on this for a while, my eyes didn’t catch how small the opening was so this was kind of a bust for a hunk of metal.  I can tip it on it’s side and remove the magnetic part to display the letter C but outside of that it’s not good for much.  The company I went through sent me an email today as follow-up and asked if everything was okay.  I told them about the issue I am having.  Since I opened the package I don’t expect a refund because it’s a personal item and well they shouldn’t accept it back and resell it, despite it being unused.  I’m interested to hear what they will do, they are supposed to have great customer service so I guess I am putting that to the test.  It kind of felt strange putting the issue in an email. 

This afternoon I got out to grab some cat litter and food as well as grab lupper for me.  That’s lunch and supper mixed together incase you didn’t know.  I went to Cracker Barrel and Jesus they have hired some great looking help.  I want to ask all of those cute guys out but chances are they are straight or too young or both.  So better to admire from a far.  Well I’m tired so I’m going to head up and spend more time with Marv in my room and then eventually crash for the night. 

Breakfast out, grocery shopping, filling up the car’s tank and emptying my wallet is what is on the agenda for tomorrow.  As well as watching for Marv’s pills, cleaning house and shaving.  Seems that scruff and beards are in now.  They look really good on some guys and I’m kind of tempted, people tell me it looks good on me but I can’t get past the itchy stage.  I’d rather be clean shaven, I personally think it looks better. 

Hope all is well in your world.  Each day brings us closer to fall and cooler weather.  So I guess we all have something to look forward to.  Talk with you again soon. 

No comments: