07 May 2018

Ugh … bad news day

First everyone here is fine, including me.  Believe it or not. 

During the course of my day I get afforded a break now and then.  I used one of those said breaks today to see what was new on Twitter.  I found the most disturbing tweet.  Apparently Will & RJ split.  I watched these kids grow up together and get married.  I am dumb founded and numb that they are no longer a couple.  I have no idea what caused this to happen, just that apparently ‘people change’.  I tweeted at both of them but just said something short to express my sadness.  I really want to write them a letter. 

Marriage is all about compromise and sure your going to have disagreements, arguments and fights but at the end of the day you made a commitment to each other.  That means something and it shouldn’t be so easily disposed of.  The tweet I read said they were no longer a couple.  There was no official mention of divorce.  I really hope they can patch things up but I realize it’s their lives and not mine.  I’ve been around the block more than once and divorce is heart breaking for everyone.  They worked so hard to plan their wedding and to help fight for marriage equality, it’s just a damn shame it’s all going down the toilet. 

As if that is not bad enough.  One of my friends at work told me that he is leaving.  It’s very quiet but he gave me the heads up.  When I asked him where he was going I was shocked at his response.  It’s a place that I worked at before and thought it would be a dream job but it was more like a nightmare.  I told him my experience but hey we each have to fend for ourselves and do what is best for us and our families.  He’s got a great opportunity and he’s getting a $20,000.00 per year raise so that in and of it’s self is motivation to make the move.  It will be tough to see him go but I will wish him nothing but the best. 

Okay so all that is off my chest.  Now I guess I will try to relax and enjoy my evening.  Hope your day was filled with better news than mine was.  4 more days to go. 

Real quick.  What do you call a person that is happy on a Monday?  Retired!  There is a lot of truth in that joke. 

No comments: