05 May 2018

Another Saturday spent not the way I planned

I rolled out of bed this morning, had breakfast at home and it was great.  I stopped in at the post office and then came home.  I was spending time with the cats and the phone rings.  It’s a friend of mine that I have been thinking about.  He wanted to get together for dinner.  I on the other hand wanted to go to the buffet but I opted to cancel my plans to meet up with him. 

So that meant I had hours on my hands and I did what I like to do most, return to bed.  Took in the movie I mentioned in my previous post and spent a little time on the computer.  Then I was scrambling to get out of here on time.  I made it with a couple minutes to spare.  I got an awesome parking spot.  We got seated in a section of a waiter that I have a mad crush on.  That was enjoyable.  He had the table behind us and I got to see a lot of booty which was awesome.  There were other good looking guys there.  However, I have scoped out this particular waiter months back.  Now we all know my history, I ask and they say no.  So I didn’t bother.  However, when the desert menu came I wanted to say what I really want isn’t on the menu.  Then he would say something like what is that, maybe we can accommodate.  That’s when I say your phone number.  I thought it was cute but I opted not to use it.  I did leave him a very nice tip and no it wasn’t my phone number.  The food was good. 

Turns out everything is going up.  I got a notice in the mail today that my safe deposit box rent/lease is going up $30 per year.  That is a serious increase.  I really don’t store much there.  I may inquire with some of the other banks I do business with but unless I find a “deal” I will probably just close it out and save myself the money. 

Marv is still a very chatty cat.  I think he is yelling at me about his brother.  I know he misses him and I try to comfort him as much as I can.  He doesn’t want to crawl up in bed with me.  His brother was the only one I could hug and hold that didn’t object.  All of momma’s other kids it’s a deal breaker and Momma herself tolerates it a little bit but still fusses at me.  I miss my bear hugs.  Got a letter in the mail from the vet this week, they elected to make a donation in Bears name to their charity foundation which is a not for profit organization.  They help police K-9’s and other wildlife.  I would have rather they lower the price of the bill than give away my money to the charity of their choosing.  Some people say it’s their money they are donating which is true but guess what it originally came from me in some form or fashion.  For all of the money we poured into that place over this cat, there should be a room dedicated to us and him.  I still miss him but the hurt isn’t nearly as bad as it was. 

Work this week has been nothing but a time warp.  Everyday but Friday flew by.  I was that busy.  Lunch came quick and then next thing you know it was time to go.  Then I was home and it was time to go back and start a new day.  Wow!  Were in busy season.  There were a couple last minute new hires and one last minute departure.  Next week notices about the summer employees we typically hire will be coming out and there are 24 of them.  That’s a lot of people but if you know me, you know I have plotted and planned out most of this so it should be smooth.  Not stress free and not easy but smooth.  It doesn’t help that I have to share the load with the dummy and double check his work but I guess some help is better than no help at all.  Plus my boss and other counterpart want to watch the process.  So it’s like I have to show everyone.  My boss has never watched before, but I think that there is something up with that.  It’s peculiar that he wants to be in the know.  That either means they are going to farm out more functions, there will be some type of change to the process or something worse.  I guess I will have to stay tuned to find out. 

Tomorrow is grocery store day, I didn’t buy cat food today so there is another task for tomorrow.  I am switching my wardrobe from winter to summer and there is the house to clean.  Rest I will not.  Productive I will try to be.  That is about as Star Wars as I get.  Oh and I’m on-call next week.  When we get to the 28th we will have our first spring holiday of Memorial Day.  That will be a nice long weekend and hopefully an enjoyable one. 

Time to wrap things up for Saturday, relax a bit more and get to bed so that I can take care of the tasks of tomorrow.  Tomorrow will be here before you know it.  I hope all is well in your world and that the sun is shining.  Thanks for stopping by, talk with you peeps again soon. 

No comments: