27 February 2018

Review

I had my review and everything is all good.  My boss mentioned our prior discussions but said that it wouldn’t be reflected in the documentation.  I am still waiting to see my copy.  I heard the overwhelming praise, the rubber stamp thank you and how valuable I am speech.  All things considered I think I am a lucky guy.  I just need that overtime back in order to stay a float or a serious pay raise.  I’ll be campaigning for that later this year.  Right now I am just keeping track of all of the good and how I am contributing over and above.  I will keep my eyes open to see what the market has to offer but doubt seriously if I would leave.  Having 3 years in and getting ready to ring in 4, I am 1 year away from getting extra PTO.  Yes, I am bitter and angry.  I feel like I was fucked without lube or even a kiss, but I am playing along for the moment.  While I appreciate the rubber stamp speech that I typically get on a daily basis, I would appreciate money much more.  You can’t slice a thank you speech and pay bills. 

Speaking of which I just finished paying bills and I see money left over.  That’s from overtime.  I backed out my overtime from this check and found that I would need a few hundred dollars more just to break even.  That doesn’t allow for living, that is just paying the bills.  I’d have to charge groceries, gas, cat food and anything else that I needed.  My biggest expense is the vehicle and yes I am living well above my means but at the same time, rewarding myself for all of the shit I have been through is appropriate.  I mean I have 1 very nice thing and I appreciate it but at the same time I am scared to death that I am going to go under.  Getting rid of it is an option but I would still take a financial bath.  I just finished paying off the financial bath I took back in September and am not ready to take another one.  However, depending upon what the future has in store for me I may have to acquiesce.  For now I drive and enjoy. 

Momma is chirping and it’s 1/2 hour later than normal.  So I need to get cracking because soon it will be bed time.  My boss is out tomorrow so I look forward to that, I can hopefully get some shit done.  At least I have plans to, lets see what the day has in store and if I will be able to. 

Happy end to Tuesday.  Here’s hoping Wednesday is a productive and kind day.  Cheers!

No comments: