Daily blogging is kind of fun plus it allows me to not have to try to remember what in the world happened as the week unfolded.
Last night it was time to pay my Auto Insurance. Then I thought I would be productive and get a contract ready for my lawn guy. I worked through that and got it ready to mail. I went to print the stamp and weighed the letter. I have a USB scale and it was powered on yet my computer said it wasn’t connected. How very strange. So I unplugged the USB router and that was the start of a huge time suck. When I did that it powered down my external encrypted USB drive where my financial data and documents live along with some other important things. Problem is I only have to enter the password like 1 time a year so it’s not something I remember. I started guessing passwords and trying everything I knew to recover from this. When finally I saw the option for Rescue User and there is an admin account that I fortunately knew the password to and was able to recovered.
It didn’t help things that I promised the kids TV time and Momma tried to hold me to that but her attempts were futile. By the time I was done I found myself going through the evening motions and getting ready for the next day. Then it was time for bed. I couldn’t watch TV for very long in my room before I was out cold. I start watching a show and wake up 1/2 way through not knowing what happened. I am so back logged on watching TV that I shouldn’t suffer from what to watch syndrome for a while. Plus there are more things recording tonight.
I don’t have any need to play with the computer tonight, other than email and I am probably going to take care of that from work. So that I can devote my evening to relaxing and unwinding. I think the cats and myself will enjoy that much more than me running around like a chicken with it’s head cut off.
Stress seems to be a little larger this week. It’s the 1st of the month and a Full Moon. Just glad I am not on-call this week. I am next week. Lots of strange things happen when there is a full moon. Thursday has been a little crazy but just a few more hours and then I will be able to head home to the furry family.
Glad tomorrow is Friday! Hope all is well in your world and the sun is shining. Weather is warmer here but we have been drowned in a bunch of rain. At least were closer to Spring and nice weather will be here before you know it.
No comments:
Post a Comment