From a work perspective it hasn’t been a good week. Lots of overtime which will look very nice on my check. Thus far I am up to 10 hours. There were last minute moves that had to take place after hours. Plus a few other issues that came up. Friday started off the evening with a bunch of alerts that just nag us. I was told to stop and restart a service, but no one knew the name of the service, so that task didn’t get done. The alerts continued throughout the day on Saturday and I finally had enough. I decided to start rebooting servers. I knew it wouldn’t sit well, which is why I didn’t ask permission first. I just did it. I was asked afterwards to ask for permission. No one would have known what I did if it wasn’t for the informational email I sent.
From a sexual standpoint it’s been a great week. No I didn’t get lucky or meet someone. However, I did get confirmation that two guys I thought were gay are in fact gay. So my Gaydar is getting better. One of these guys works in a different office. Figured out with the help of social media that he’s 25 and yes, gay. However, he has a boyfriend. I don’t want to out anyone, because that is just not a proper thing to do. So the other guy is in the same age range and has some fame to him. He posted a video saying his boyfriend was in town and that is how I solved the mystery. I’m just a regular Sherlock Holmes.
Continuing with the sexual theme. I also have a particular sexual kink fetish. Something I admire from a far but it’s never been done to me. I’d like to experience it before I die. Anyway, my late partner was in the dream and it was happening. I was so fucking happy and then the alarm clock went off. That quickly killed that mood but I thought about the dream all day long and manage to arouse myself over and over.
On to the home standpoint. I was able with some help from tech support to resolve an issue with a particular program that was causing me issues. That made me very happy because I had been struggling with this over the holiday weekend and I was baffled that I wasn’t able to solve it. Turns out they had a hotfix for it. Run a batch file, reboot and then your all set. I kept the file just in case the issue comes back. Kids are all doing okay, other than momma who’s stomach was giving her problems so she went to the bathroom in my office, then walked out the door and threw up. Poor girl. She was embarrassed but hey were family, I understand. I suspected it was because I was being generous by skipping her medicine. So I passed out medicine and then a snack. That perked them all right up. I didn’t get a good nights sleep last night but wasn’t terribly worried about it because I had the option of taking a nap today. Only problem with that is I was on-call and as per usual my phone knew when I was just about to nod off and it would go off. I tried twice to doze off but no luck. Here’s hoping I crash tonight. I bought me some O’Keeffe’s Working Hands Hand Cream. It came with a bonus lip moisturizer. Something that both me and my late partner always wanted to try. Well I have only applied it twice and it seems to be working. Winter has just killed my hands and I’m not a glove person so that doesn’t help. I got my winnings today, it turns out it was 5 flight gift cards for $100 each. I have them listed on-line for sale already. I’m taking a $50 hit but once they sell it will be money I didn’t have in the first place. The gas card is for a local brand station, so I stopped there on the way back from the bank and filled up Mr. Thirsty. Boy does he drink, I think he’s got a problem, but if I sent him to a meeting that would only make him drink more.
I was placed in an odd position this week. I stopped on Wednesday to fill up the tank and notice there was a car sitting by the opposite pump. The engine wasn’t running and there were two people inside. They were trying to stay warm. It was bone chilling dangerously cold outside. We weren’t in the best neighborhood so I thought for sure it was a drug deal going down. I filled my tank and minded my own business. I was done and about to get back in my vehicle and the window from the passenger side rolled down, a man said can you help us with some gas? I said your out of gas? Yep. Okay sure I said without any hesitation. WTF was going through my head. The guy opened the door and got out and that’s when I figured I was going to get robbed, see a gun or something bad was going to happen. He was thankful and polite. I gave them a small amount of gas. This was an older car so I knew it had a very large tank, which would have done some serious damage to my wallet. I told him when I was done, he thanked me again and I went about my way. I saw him running around and headed inside the gas station. That is the point where I wondered if I had just been conned. I hope he was going in to use the bathroom. You know me and my luck if I try to help someone I usually have some negative repercussion. Not this time, thank God. I don’t know that I will be stopping there for gas again anytime soon.
Now on to the weather, as I said it’s been cold in the negative digits. Kind of makes me want to fly to a place that is warmer but I’d miss my kids. Were in for freezing rain tomorrow afternoon. It starts at 2 and ends around 5 by which time the sun will be down. No worries for me, all of my running will be done in the morning. However, it could be a day home for me on Monday. I saw a bunch of car pile up videos with a co-worker and it was nuts. That made me a little more aware and cautious. Our office probably won’t close and I suspect the roads will all be in decent shape, since the road crews will have the evening to plow, treat and make things better. If things happen like they are predicted then I’ll make a judgement call. Our old office manager used to reward the few people that would make it in with free lunch, that sounds good as well.
Today I watched the documentary about the Branch Davidian and David Koresh. Wow that was a colossal fuck up. Since law enforcement lost the element of surprise they should have rescheduled their raid but that didn’t happen. There are conspiracy theory's that it was law enforcement who started the fire as revenge. I don’t believe that but I can tell you that you shouldn’t fuck with law enforcement in anyway, shape or form. They always win because there is strength in numbers. David Koresh did an amazing brain washing of so many people. My personal opinion is that he had a mental problem. The whole thing was a very unfortunate event and it could have ended on a more positive note without the loss of life for so many people. I can’t imagine being burned alive, that has to be fucking horrible beyond comprehension. Hopefully, nothing like this will happen again in my lifetime. It’s hard to believe that was 25 years ago. I remember that’s all you heard about on TV for days and like everyone else I wanted to know the latest. I didn’t figure it would end well but I also didn’t think there would be a mass fire.
So that’s the 1st week of January, oh I forgot to mention this week there was a full moon. When I saw that I knew I was fucked from the get go. All of the bizarre bat shit crazy stuff always happens when there is a full moon. Now I am making my way upstairs, taking some sleeping pills, watching some TV with the kids and going to bed while my phone & body recharge. Hip Hip Hooray! Tomorrow is another day.
I hope you all managed to stay warm and that your doing well. Talk with you peeps again soon. Be well.
No comments:
Post a Comment