I spent the bulk of today in bed, so that I would stay up tonight. All in a plan to time my waking tomorrow just so that I run into the waiter I like that works at Steak N Shake. I have been thinking about him all week, when I wasn’t focused on momma.
I did some additional research and see that a couple years ago he declared on social media that he was in a relationship. I looked up his then boyfriend and found that he has moved. I remember one of the waitresses last week saying that he might not be single. Yeah, okay he’s really cute and he has youth on his side so if he is taken it won’t be a huge shocker for me.
Asking someone out is a risk, because you don’t know their reaction that is part of the thrill of it. It is kind of fun but mostly nerve wracking. I’ve got a set of balls and I am not afraid to use them. This is clearly a BOLD and out of character move for me. However, it’s not the first time I have done this. Provided I go through with this as I plan to, I will be proud of myself no matter the outcome. Plus it will help take the edge off if there is a next time.
I have thought about my plan and have it worked out in my mind. I hope he finds it cute and witty – then says yes and follows through. I’m going to ask if we can exchange numbers instead of just giving him mine. That hopefully will result in a better outcome, provided of course that he says yes. He won’t get my real phone number just because while he is cute and attractive I don’t know that he’s not a psychopath. If we have chemistry and this works out into something long term well then that changes things but no matter who it is, until we get to know each other you won’t get my real number. I am all a flutter waiting to get this over with but at the same time cringing because I don’t know the outcome.
In other news, I changed the comments back to only registered users. I started to get spammed and thankfully Google caught it but still it’s a change that I should have made a while ago and just put it off.
We are back in the freezer for weather and the furnace is running practically non-stop. The power company just loves me. I looked at my bill and my gas usage has really spiked. Normally I would let the temperature fall during the day so the house was cold but not to where it was uninhabitable. The animals have their fur coats. However, this time I have decided to just keep it at a set temperature that is comfortable all day long. Once the temps rise into the 30’s or 40’s I will reconsider but right now it’s 20’s and below. Plus I don’t get bitched at by them so that makes it easier.
So were in a 3 day weekend. Then I go to work for 2 days and get 4 days off. Two of those days are work days so I don’t know how much off time I will have but here’s hoping that it’s quiet. That is all of the time I have scheduled off at the moment. I have a nice little bank now that we are in a new year. I just have to make sure to budget so that it lasts me all year long. Plus now we can carry over 80 hours instead of our previous 40. I’ll never have 80 spare hours but it’s nice to know the limit went up.
My income has gone down. I elected to bump up my contribution towards retirement so I will see a little bit less money but that’s okay. I am no where near contributing what I should and I know that if I live long enough to actually retire and drawn this money out that I will be sorry I didn’t contribute more. I’m no where near done working so there is still plenty of time, but the sooner you can start with a larger or max out your contribution the more you will have in the end. That is unless the stock market goes belly up.
Nothing else noteworthy is going on. I think I have my hands full between work, momma and asking this guy out. No shortage of drama in my life. I just wish it were more of the positive drama if there is such a thing.
Oh my gift cards aren’t listed yet. I called and found out that there is a 45 day hold places on them before they are listed. I guess they think I am going to try to scam them, which is totally not the case. I don’t have proof of purchase so I have to wait out the 45 days, which will be the 21st of February. Seems like a long time but hey I want money instead of cards, so there really is no choice. Patience is not one of my stronger suites but the universe is trying to teach it to me all the time and I rebel.
I’m going to do a little surfing and then prep for bed. It’s 10p here and normally by now it would be lights out. Considering I don’t have to get up early I will enjoy the sleeping in. Unless Gator decides I need to get up. She has been a pest all day long, but I love her.
Hope your all warm and safe. Take care and we shall talk again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment