27 January 2018

Nightmare Week

It’s not that it was necessarily a bad week but I did have nightmares all week long and woke up in the middle of the night and couldn’t go back to sleep.  I’m proud to say that I didn’t call in one day, I went to work [even thought I didn’t want to] each and every day.  Much to my surprise I was also highly productive.  I got stuck on a problem on Friday that was a huge time suck.  I was just about to be all caught up, ah well there is still something to strive for next week.

Nightmares.  Tuesday’s was that I was arrested for shoplifting but I didn’t take anything.  Wednesday’s was that my family had an intervention and was trying to send me to Fat Camp.  Thursday and Friday I don’t recall those details.  Friday was the worst because I woke up at 3a and tried but couldn’t fall back to sleep.  I moved from my bed to the chair in my room and that disturbed Mr. Big Boy who thought it might be time to get up but I assured him it was still far too early.  He wasn’t happy but he didn’t give me much more grief.  I did get slightly drowsy but every time I was just about out my mind would start racing.  I’d go from one thought to another. Oddly enough I have been concerned about getting my sleeping medicine refilled.  My doc had taken care of the refills but they didn’t show up until Thursday night.  Then on Friday I get an email that tells me they can’t fill one of the drugs because I have exceeded the maximum my plan allows.  WTF I have a legal prescription give me my medicine.  I had to fight to get 64 bills instead of the normal 90 I am entitled to.  Insurance Companies suck.  So the medicine should be cheap enough that I can just pay cash.  I am going to talk with the Pharmacist at work and if I can get it filled there w/o using my insurance and it’s cheap enough then I will ask the doc to send them a script.  I’d sooner pay cash and have my medicine than let an insurance company tell me when I can sleep and when I can’t.  Fucking nonsense.  Perhaps this is what my brain was concerned with, I don’t know.  I mean my life otherwise is ho-hum quiet and normal. 

The pain for my vehicle arrived and it might be Blue Jeans but it matches my vehicle perfectly.  I bought entirely way too much but better to have excess than not enough to take care of the job.  Plus it’s sort of insurance for down the road in case something else happens.  This whole mess got me looking at vehicles again.  I saw a really nice BMW SUV but the only problem is BMW doesn’t list MPG on their website.  You have to build your vehicle and then I think you get the information.  I didn’t want to devote that much time to it.  I do however long to own a BMW someday.  It’s actually within the range of what I paid for my present SUV but there would be no discount.  What killed me was the fact that I had to roll over the balance of the loan on the lemon car, otherwise I would be sitting pretty.  The folks at Credit Karma tell me I am paying way too much in interest and should look for another lender.  Yeah, I agree and I will explore some options.  Ideally I’d like to stay where I am and get a lower rate.  The problem is they already told me up front if you want to refinance with them to get a lower rate they charge a $200 fee.  That’s bullshit and I am not paying a fee, if you want to keep me as a customer do the right thing and lower the rate at no charge.  Your still making a killing off of me. 

Speaking of money I started my taxes.  I dreaded doing them as I do every year but I am actually sitting pretty.  My big fear was that I would wind up owing the state I am living in but that is not the case and like last year thus far I have broken even.  I plugged in all of the information I had but I haven’t pulled the trigger to actually file yet.  I am waiting to see if any more paperwork filters in before I commit.  I will file in the month of February not sure on an exact time frame.  However, I will have enough to pay off a credit card that I took a 0 loan on so that will be nice and I will have a couple hundred dollars left over.  So, while I am getting a refund it’s going to vaporize.  That is pretty much always the case.  I get a little bit of money and something comes along and sucks my bank account dry. 

I got a match on Tindr but it didn’t turn into anything.  We had the basic conversation of Hi how are you and what’s going on.  That’s pretty much where things ended and I waited but nothing more materialized so I unmatched.  I wasn’t terribly excited about the match because until I actually have a date, there is no reason to get all wound up and even then it’s just a meeting.  I still have some hope left even if I was told no by the Steak N Shake guy.  I am going to try to see if I can hold off a bit in the morning and go in closer to when he will be working so that our paths will cross.  While I don’t think deep down anything will change I really hope someone talked some sense into him and told him to at least go out for a bite to eat to see what I am all about. 

Today I was able to sleep in a bit and even get a nap with Mr. Big Boy.  He relaxed me so much I just drifted off while holding on to him.  No good deed goes unpunished because when I went to get him out of bed and put him back on the floor I accidentally lowered him on to my foot and he clawed it up.  That hurt and yes there was blood.  I tried to go back to sleep but my body wasn’t having it.  I had to get up and pass out lunch because it’s the weekend and that’s what I do. 

I went out for my supper and wound up getting charged for someone else's drinking habit to the tune of $77.  I quickly called that to my waiters attention and he said that it would be refunded.  He brought me my proper check.  Once I was home I realized I didn’t have any proof that they were going to refund my money.  I used my debit card and handed it over w/o seeing the check, so that is my fault.  However, that has never ever been a problem for me before.  From now on I am going to look at the bill and then pay it so that I am not in this situation again.  Plus I won’t be going back to where I went tonight for a while. 

Next week will be jumping there are a few departures and employee transfers.  Plus I will be on-call again and my dumb co-worker will be back from his vacation.  Fuck I hope that he is smarter after taking a slight break, but I have serious doubts.  Were also ending the first month of the year and with the start of a new month I will once again have to prepare a report for the big wigs.  I hate doing it but I put in some bogus data one month on purpose, no one said a word to me.  That right there tells me no one really looks at the report, it’s just something they are used to receiving and if they don’t get it they throw a fit.  It’s not my top priority but it’s certainly up there.  I’m doing good if it’s published by the 15th of the month. 

Well off to surf a little bit and then I will be headed up getting ready for bed.  Oddly I am tired again and hopefully I will sleep deep and well all night long.  I don’t even want to wake up to use the bathroom.  I can do that in the morning when I roll out of bed.  Just one night of solid sleep and maybe that will get things back on track. 

I hope that you had an enjoyable week.  Take care and thanks for stopping by to check on me, I do appreciate it. 

No comments: