07 January 2018

? Home on Monday ?

I have two factors that may very well keep me home on Monday. 

#1 – Sick momma.  She isn’t feeling well as evidence of her bathroom issue last night.  I got her to nibble a little bit this morning.  I gave her some fluids this morning.  She wasn’t terribly happy about that.  She has had some water on her own and has been sleeping part of the day.  She is back to following me around the house.  I am impatient so I broke out the appetite stimulant.  I hope that kicks in soon.  I would like to see her back to eating normal again.  I think she is going to be okay but when a cat stops eating it can turn critical in a short time.  So I’ll give her today but if she isn’t eating by breakfast then were probably going to the vet.  She is just like her kids, once she stops eating it take some coaxing to get her back to eating.  She has been hospitalized for that in the past.  I just don’t know what in the world caused this.  I know she was behind my TV where she shouldn’t have been, there could have been a bug or spider back there.  I don’t see an obvious signs of trauma, so it’s probably something she ingested.  If that is the case with what she has been through it’s out of her, I just hope that will be the end of the damage.  No pun intended.  

#2 – Ice storm.  The weather people are just on hyper drive about impending doom, rain is coming and it’s cold out so that means freezing rain.  Originally it wasn’t supposed to impact the morning commute.  Now that were getting later in the day and nothing has happened, it’s probably that the morning commute will be impacted.  My office has only closed twice in the 3 years that I have been there.  First time was because of a water main break.  Second was because of ice/snow.  So who knows, it’s anyone guess at this point as to what will happen.

While I’d love to stay home I would much rather it be because of the weather.  Regardless if the office is closed or I chicken out and call in.  I don’t like a sick cat, especially one of mine. 

In other news, I went out for breakfast this morning.  I wanted to go to a different place but my gut said go to Steak N Shake.  Turns out the hottie I have a crush on came strolling in.  Holy shit, he just got his hair cut as did I.  He looked really good.  We exchanged eye contact a couple times.  He looked mad and something didn’t feel right.  I asked one of the waitresses and she confirmed that he is gay but wasn’t sure if he was single.  Okay, so 1/2 of the battle is over were on the same team.  The only other part is if he’s single and interested.  He will be working next weekend so that could be the perfect opportunity.  Fingers crossed, I hope it works if I ask him.  I mean I’ll never know until I ask.  There is a serious age difference between us but hopefully he can see past that.  Stay tuned we will find out together. 

Typical normal Sunday around here.  Looking forward to next Monday because I am off due to the holiday (Martin Luther King Jr Day).  I should take off Tuesday & Wednesday because those are the only days I am working that week.  I haven’t had a solid week off since I was sick a couple years ago and that was no vacation. 

It’s about time to grab my electric blanket out of the dryer and head upstairs.  Pop the pizza in the over.  Pop myself in the bathroom for a shave and shower.  Then back to the PC for a bit and upstairs to watch Shameless.  Morning will be calling soon after that so hopefully Monday will be a good day regardless if I go to work or stay home. 

No comments: