09 December 2017

What a week

Hi and thanks for dropping by to check out the happenings in my life. 

I am glad this week is done.  It’s been a mix of riding waves this week.  One point I am slammed in crisis mode and wishing for the work day to be done.  The next moment it’s calm, quiet and I have nothing to do.  That is exhausting!

I continue to find fuck ups of my senior co-worker and continue to bring them to my bosses attention.  Now all of a sudden my boss says that a duty that we all preform is not something that he wants this new guy doing.  Then there is a huge push to have extensive meetings to talk about on-call.  The fuck up is joining the schedule in February if he lasts that long.  So I talked with my boss about the on-call meeting shit.  He said send me a list of topics that your going to talk about.  I did that and the next thing you know he sent out an email telling everyone that I would be talking about the topics that I listed – that’s not what we agreed upon in our conversation.  He was supposed to digest this and then come up with a more team inclusive approach.  Now my boss is starting to get on my nerves.  I am frustrated because the fuck up is being treated differently than the rest of us, I call it discrimination but you can call it what you’d like.

My friend that lost his wife called about the holidays.  He’s going to do Christmas Eve so we got to talking and I told him about the nursing home and how I am trying to recover the overpayment.  He said what will you do if they don’t comply.  I answered his question and the next thing you know he is yelling at me that there is a point where you stop fighting battles because it’s not the right thing to do.  Then he admonished me for buying my vehicle and spending my money.  He’s jealous that he didn’t buy an SUV and I did.  I was very close to telling him to go fuck himself because it’s my money and I’ll spend it however I please.  I earn it and I don’t tell you or others how to spend their money so fuck off.  I let it go, this is the 2nd time he’s barked at me.  When and/or if we get to the 3rd that’s it.  I will blast him.  I don’t want to ruin a friendship but come on there are boundaries.  What got him all upset is that I said that I would sue to recover the overpayment and he doesn’t think that is right.  Well you didn’t get fucked over, I did and to recover my money, albeit a couple hundred dollars I will do what I think is proper to get it back.  If I file a suit and win, they pay the court costs and filing fee not me.  I just have to front the money and then get reimbursed on the back end.  Do I want to sue, no I want them to give me back what is rightfully mine and then we can go our separate ways.  

I got a massage this week.  I was told things moved easier, it was a little more painful.  The therapist is disappointed in that she used some marijuana based cream last time, it has all of the THC taken out so it’s not like it would show up on a drug test.  Anyway the shit is super expensive and she is trying to get her clients to pay for the stuff by up charging.  She gave me a sample last week and said that it really worked and just poured on the sales pitch.  Yeah it helped a little bit and I wasn’t as sore but I am against drugs in whole or in part, knowing that this stuff is marijuana based was what soured me.  If she would have just told me it was a new cream I would have been fine.  I know that not everyone shares my opinion but I saw what drugs did to my mom and I saw how it sucked in my brother.  Drugs (the illegal kind) fucked up my family and that’s why I am so strongly against them.  Anyway, the massage this week hurt more.  My back is just a field of knots and I don’t foresee that changing anytime soon.  I don’t know that I can afford a massage every week but it does sound nice. 

Got Mr. Marv to the vet this morning.  They were on the ball. I have never gotten in and out so quickly.  I sure hope they are operating with the same efficiency next week.  I am also glad that I split the boys up and didn’t have them both done today or I would be out of money.  Once we came back home, I dropped him off and then jetted back out to grab the mail.  Then came home. 

Everyone but Ruth was in my room for the day, we watched TV and took a long nap together.  It was very enjoyable.  Then I got moving and went back out into the cold to look for Wedding Ball Cookies, which I couldn’t find.  I got some Christmas Cookie Sampler that I get every year for $12 and it’s good but not exactly 100% what I want.  So I am keeping my eyes open and if that fails there is always Amazon.  Grabbed some litter from Target, that place was filled with people like everyone decided to do their holiday shopping today.  Then it was on to the pet store where the same thing was true but there were isles upon isles of people with their dogs.  I just wanted to get in and out – back home with my furry warm family. 

Had some of Oprah’s Oh it’s So Good Broccoli Cheese Soup for supper.  It wasn’t so good, really.  I didn’t read the fine print until I got home and saw it had squash in it.  That soured me. 

Watched Office Christmas Party and Lavell Crawford Home for the Holidays both on Showtime.  They were really good!

I got a new credit card in the mail because they decided to redesign the card.  Anyway, it says on the bottom of the card, do not shred contains metal.  This card is heavy compared to regular plastic cards.  Not sure what is in there but maybe I should take it to the scrap yard when it expires to see how much money I can get for the metal.  Yes, I am only kidding.  I went through the task of updating all of the merchants that bill the card.  One of my banks actually will send you an email with a list of merchants prior to getting a replacement card.  I like that much better than me having to scour through 3 months of statements to make sure that I have all of the bases covered. 

My iPhone has been acting up and tonight I decided it was time to wipe it.  I hope that helps!  I just got the damn thing in February and I am already ready to upgrade.  Problem is it’s not paid for so I can’t upgrade.  Plus that would cost me $ in getting a couple new accessories, which is always where they get you outside of the base price of the phone.  Ugh, technology is a pain in the ass but I love it because without it I wouldn’t have the job I have today and I wouldn’t have all of the toys that I have today.  So 22 minutes to go before my phone is ready again, oh joy.

Going grocery shopping in the morning but not before grabbing breakfast at Steak N Shake.  I hope my favorite waitress is back.  I’d like to ask her about a co-worker of hers that I have a crush on but not sure if I will. Anyway those two stops followed by a stop at the gas station and then I am home for the day.  That in and of it’s self knowing that I don’t have to go back out is so refreshing.  Winter has arrived here and I am ready to go back to summer.  Silly human never happy!

That’s it waiting on my phone, rebooting my computer and then upstairs to be with the furry bunch. 

Here’s to a better week ahead for all of us!  Take care and stop by again. 

No comments: