26 December 2017

Snowy & Cold

I made it in this morning, despite not wanting to.  The dummy co-worker called in sick another incentive for me to show up.  I did get a bit of a surprise when I was looking in the mirror this morning I have a boil in my groin.  I was wondering why it was hurting to walk and when I got to the mirror I got my answer.  Fuck, there was my motivation to stay home. It’s cold out and I need to take care of myself.  What did I do?  Gave it a good squeeze and jumped in the shower.  Note to self, don’t put water on a boil you just popped it will hurt.  Got it cleaned up and went about my day.

The cat kids didn’t want me to leave but I told them I had to go back to pay for all of the relaxation I had.  I told them it’s not over with though we get another long weekend.  I will have to work for part of it but hopefully not terribly long. 

Playing on my phone at my desk I found out it was snowing outside.  That means it will be fun to drive home.  Thankfully there aren’t a lot of people out and about.  Most people are home or have departed to warmer climates.  Talk about a slap in the face having to come back to work is bad enough but having to leave a warm climate to come back to snowy cold, wow that has to take the cake. 

Christmas Eve dinner was okay.  I enjoyed the conversation, got some laughs and of course made a bunch of inappropriate remarks and used my odd ball sense of humor to liven things up.  It worked!  I got invited back for New Years Day but I don’t want to go back.  They will be having Honey Baked Ham so that is kind of an incentive but I can get Ham at the grocery store and make a sandwich from the comfort of my nice warm house.  I really want to be able to lounge all day long and do nothing, which is pretty much what I did this weekend.  I got all of the necessary stuff done but I took my sweet time and having the ability not to rush well that is a luxury I don’t often afford myself. 

I got in my naps, watched TV.  Rented Christmas Vacation and watched that yesterday with the kids.  It wasn’t funny but enjoyable to watch.  I already knew how it was going to turn out.  Thought about Home Alone but I have seen that so many times, don’t need it this year.

So two hours and thirty minutes more and then I can get on the road and drive home.  I’m thinking soup for supper.  Might have Chili instead but it will be something warm.  I got some Gourmet Ice Cream … Bananas Foster.  Came from CA and it’s pretty good.  1 pint was $6.  I am eating it very slowly and yes in case your wondering there is Rum in it. 

I still have yet to make up my bill chart for 2018, sort of like if I don’t make it maybe they won’t come.  Honestly, I lack motivation.  This time of year is a huge reminder of what I don’t have and well I don’t take it so well.  However, when I hang up the calendars of men that may just get me in the mood. 

I hope your all enjoying the last Tuesday of the year! Talk with you peeps later. 

1 comment:

Hot guys said...

I know, right? It is pretty snowy and cold but, it can be nice sometime... Happy holidays! ^_^

Hot guys Fit studs