I woke up this morning and all I heard was noise. I thought it sounded like the sump pump was stuck. I talked myself out of checking on it. Went about my day and when it was time to continue laundry the damn thing [sump pump] kicked on and scared the living crap out of me. It didn’t want to shut off. I figured for sure I would be spending my day trying to replace it. Thankfully I took a logical approach and after some testing realized that the float needed to be relocated. I also learned that there are 3 drains into the pump and up until today I always only thought there was 1. It’s been raining here and the pump does get a work out when that happens. Otherwise, it’s silent. I proved that it still works and tested it twice. If that thing stops working my basement will be a mess. This old house has been around for 25 years and I have lived here for around 20 years. That is a long time to be in one place. No wonder I have the desire to move but it’s just not practice. If anything I would downsize and move to a condo, town house or smaller house. There shall be no apartment living for me. Close neighbors suck. I don’t want to hear them and I don’t want anyone to hear me. Although there have been several times when I orgasm I though for sure the police were going to be called. Yeah, I’m that loud. I blame it on too much porn. TMI.
Still watching Shitts Creek. Spent time with the kids today and trimmed Marv’s nails. He wasn’t happy about that.
The weekend has only been 2 days long but it feels more like an eternity. I was able to relax and just forget about work in general and worry about me, my future and the kids. My back even stopped bothering me, but now that I am back in front of the computer it hurts.
Had breakfast at Steak N Shake. Tried their new Cinnamon Crunch Breakfast Milkshake in the small version. It’s not something that I would order again. Lots of things go good in a shake but cereal isn’t one of those things. Neither is a hamburger, hot dog or bowl of chili. Fruit, Birthday Cake, Pumpkin Pie, Hot Fudge those things are perfect for a shake just not all of those ingredients in one shake.
I am tardy for my evening wind down routine and I am sure I will catch hell for it when I climb the stairs. I took some time yesterday and went down Memory Lane it brought back all sorts of memories. I really like looking at kitten picture from when the kids were first born. They were so tiny and extra cute. Life was so perfect then and I felt a bliss that I have never experienced before and I am not sure if I will ever experience again. I miss my life or what it used to be. I am happy to have freedom and independence but I would cash it all in if only I could go back in time and live the good times again and they would never end.
Ah well time to shove off and climb the stairs, watch a little more TV with the kids and then get ready for bed. Here’s hoping Gator doesn’t have one of her fur ball attacks on the bed or at all for that matter. That little girl has made me wash my bed clothes for the past 3 weeks, she is driving me crazy, but then again so are a lot of things.
Once again here’s to the week ahead may it be a good one for all of us. Thanks for stopping by. How you doin’?
No comments:
Post a Comment