08 May 2012

Time is running out

hourglass-icon

Today is the last day of unemployment for me!  Like the title of this post, time is running out for me.  Were fast approaching 7pm and that will mean going to bed early so that I can rise and shine early.  Tomorrow will no doubt be an adrenaline filled day. 

I did manage to oversleep today, but still got up at a decent hour.  I figured it’s my last day, why not enjoy it!  I fixed breakfast, got a shower and got dressed.  Then I went into my partners computer and checked his bank account.  The fraudulent charge finally materialized, so I woke him up and we went to the bank so he could sign paperwork to get his money back.  His account is negative now because of this.  The bank actually offered him a loan that costs $1.00 per every $10 that you take out.  He laughed at them and said no thanks. 

While we were at the bank my hearing went goofy, it felt like my ears needed to pop but couldn’t.  I thought maybe I was plugged up, but my nose was wide open. 

After the bank, my partner needed to eat he had taken some pain medicine because his back was acting up and he could barley walk.  We stopped at Denny’s because it was quick & cheap.  After that we went to the pharmacy. 

I picked up my new eye drops that cost $30, which is way better than the original prescription I had.  I also thought why not get a decongestant, that might help things along.  I found the cheapest thing they sold which was $7 and that was for 5 pills.  I was happy to see Tanner was working today.  If you follow my other blog, then you well know I’ve got a crush on this guy.  He bent over looking for my medicine and I got to see his nice bum.  Totally worth the trip to the pharmacy!  Too bad I can’t turn fantasy in to reality, but then again it might not be as much fun as I think it would be.

We arrived home, where I started washing clothes like no tomorrow.  Each time I went upstairs to get more laundry the cats greeted me and wanted to know where the food was.  I told them Daddy’s busy but I will be up in a little bit.  After a few hours of this up and down business and trying to get things accomplished, I finally gave up around 3pm and went upstairs.  I gave them some food and started watching television. 

My partner was napping all this time, but of course as soon as I come up to watch TV, he got up.  So he got a shower and about an hour later, we went out for supper.  While he was in the shower, the phone rang.  It was the place that was lining up 2nd round interviews for Wednesday & Thursday.  The guy called me on a speakerphone (as if this was some show or to make a spectacle of me) he said we had to choose between 13 people and I am sorry but you didn’t make it to the 2nd round.  In my very upbeat voice I said oh, okay.  He wished me luck and I said Thank you.  I suppose he thought after that call I was an ass, but that is what you get for calling me on a speakerphone.  I am sad in a way that they didn’t pick me because I really wanted to work there.  However, that just hammers home that this place where I am going tomorrow is where I am supposed to be!

Much to my surprise as we were leaving, Lawn Boy was here.  It was hot outside but unfortunately not hot enough for him to take off his shirt.  He was wearing Tommy Hilfiger shorts, so I guess business is good.  Damn that kid is rolling in the money!  Anyway I got to look at him.  We waived and said hello, then we were off.  So there is more money to shell out. Darn!

We made it to the post office and we were 1/2 way between where we wanted to go eat supper when my phone chimed that I had a voice mail.  I thought sure it was my new employer.  As I was getting the message, I had a call waiting.  I picked it up and knew right away it was the Alarm Company.  They said the glass break for our back door went off.  Crap, I told them not to send the police.  Before we left there was another cat on the back porch and I guessed that Blu rattled the door enough that it set off the alarm.  It was either that or Lawn Boy did something.  Either way we hightailed it home.

I peeked at the back door and there was Blu sitting looking straight at me as if to say Hello, why are you out there.  I went around and came in to look over things inside.  Everything was in order, no broken glass.  Just a bunch of scared cats.  I put in a bypass for the backdoor, reset the alarm and then we were on our way.  I so wanted to ring Blu’s neck that cat has done everything he can to piss us both off.  My partner thinks he wants out, but I said no he’s just try to protect his domain.  Too bad it wasn’t a female cat in heat, that would have been right up his alley! :)

We had Mexican for supper, which was awesome!  I said too bad supper tomorrow night won’t be this good.  My partner said how would you feel about KFC or something from the local BBQ Place.  I said either would be fine, but who’s got money for that?  He said well he might go back and take out that loan.  I said don’t do it, give them a little time and you will get all of your money back.  No sense in paying a penalty for fraud.  So it’s up in the air as to what we will have.  I know that he thawed out some Porch Chops and they are in the fridge, but I really don’t like them.  They always come out so dry and flavorless.  Fix them and chop them up, put BBQ Sauce on them and tell me you fixed BBQ pork, that will make my mouth water!

Oh yeah, money saving tip.  I looked up the new eye drops and found the manufacturers website.  Turns out that they have a rebate going for a while.  I will get a whopping $5.00 back, but it’s well worth it.  So anytime you get some new medicine and it’s brand name, look it up on Google you never know you might find a rebate and save yourself some money.

Well God’s been pretty good to me today.  I got to see two guys that I like.  I had a great meal and I’m working my tail off in getting laundry done and getting ready for my big day tomorrow.

To ensure that I sleep tonight, I took one of those decongestants, which should kick in.  I figured out my problem with my hearing, it was water in my ear.  All is back to normal now!  Well onward with the chores.  Not sure how I will feel tomorrow night, but I will blog about my first day back to work as soon as I can.  Thanks again to all who supported me during this difficult time, I am still truly grateful!  I will talk with you peeps later!

2 comments:

Jude said...

It's Wednesday morning and I'm thinking about you! Hope your first day on the job goes well my friend!

Jeremy Ryan said...

I saw this at lunch time on Wednesday and it totally made my day. Thanks!