02 May 2012

Big Boy Update

Big Boy has managed to injury one of his hind legs.  I don’t *think* that he broke anything.  I believe it is more of a sprain.  Regardless of what ever it is, his mobility is limited.  Once he makes it to the kitchen he tends to stay there all day, unless of course you move him.

I did move him today and spent a couple hours with him on the couch.  He was soaking up all of the love.  I did examine his paws but can’t tell anything, he doesn’t show any signs of pain and isn’t yelping.  I broke out the First Aid book and it said to use ICE and also consult with the vet.  We will be breaking out the ICE later tonight and hopefully we can get him back to walking normally. 

I am so scared for him and his future.  I believe that he knows his health is on the decline and that he is growing closer to the end.  I think that bothers him but he tries to put up a brave front, as all cats would to say I am okay, life is good.  Cats are the master of disguise, unless you know them really well you wouldn’t ever know there was a problem.  Then again you can know them well and still miss things.  That is on a short list of things I don’t like about cats.

Of course I am willing to do anything to keep him alive and comfortable.  If he is suffering and nothing is working, then the game changes.  Right now I’m trying to put up a brave front as well and deny, deny, deny.  However, I know that is going to bite me in the ass. 

Now that my job situation is nailed down, my prayers will focus on Big Boy and being able to hang on to him for as long as possible.  I’d love nothing short of a miracle and to have him healed.  I do know that ALL of the cats will be on a diet when I return to work.  My partner will not cave and give in like I do, so they will probably have 3 to 4 meals a day – that’s it.  Of course they will still have treat time (can’t say that out loud, a riot will break out) in the evening, but that is already restricted to 1/2 a bag or less per night.  Those treats are $2.00 a bag, I simply can’t afford a bag a night, plus they are high in calories and they pack the weight on.  Sure hope everyone adjusts and maybe, just maybe Big Boy can loose some weight from this!

Stay tuned and I will keep you posted.  Talk with you peeps later!

2 comments:

Jude said...

Thank God you're back to work and can take him to the vet if need be, I am keeping Big Boy in my prayers. Please keep us updated! xox

. said...

Thanks for your comment concerning revealing or rather disclosing your bankruptcy. I tend to agree it is best not to divulge that information. But first and foremost...Congratulations on the new job!! I can't wait to hear all about it...you are excited and I am VERY happy for you Jeremy!! Maybe I will be following you soon!! Have a great day and hope your cat gets better!!