Last night I was brushing my teeth and I heard this loud scream from my partner. I went to investigate what the problem was and there he was in front of his computer, pointing to the monitor. He was looking at his bank account and there was a $600 charge from AT&T. He lives by his Debit Card but he hasn’t been in an AT&T Store in a very long time. I figured oh it was a mistake and in the morning it will drop off. Yeah, no such luck. I did eventually get to finish brushing my teeth. I didn’t want you to think I’ve been walking around with a mouth full of toothpaste for a day.
We awoke earlier than I would have liked and he checked his bank account and it was still there. So we talked to a guy at the bank and he said that my partner was the 4th person to have this problem. He showed us on the screen that the card was used at an AT&T Store in Chicago, IL we are guessing someone got an iPAD. Anyway, the only choice he had was to cancel the card and get a new one.
Modern technology has made some advancements, so I figured that there would be a way to turn off the purchase part but leave the ATM part open until his new card arrived. Nope, once you cancel the card the entire thing is toast. So he made a withdrawal of some cash so we could go to the grocery store.
The charge from AT&T is pending as an authorization. Until it turns into an actual charge there isn’t anything that can be done. It will probably be late Monday or early Tuesday. Then we have to go back to the bank, sign some paperwork and within a few days he will get his money back. Should his account be overdrawn because of this, the bank will cover the overdraft fees.
We have been trying to figure out how this could have happened but heck it could have happened anywhere. This is my ultimate fear because now I live by my Debit Card too. We both have different banks but at least now I know what to expect should this ever happen to me. It’s never a good feeling to know that a card be it debit or credit has been compromised. However, with a credit card life is much easier and it doesn’t have an impact on your checking account.
We did visit the buffet today, it was a damn long drive but I managed to make it despite the fact I had less than 7 hours of sleep. I was tired on the way down to the point I could have curled up behind the wheel. On the way back I was full and tired, not a good combination. However, we made it there and back with no problems at all. The food was okay, not outstanding like normal.
Our trip to the grocery store waited until tonight and it wasn’t too terribly crowded. However, lots of people there buying alcohol to celebrate Mexican Independence Day. It felt strange to think ahead and plan on packing a lunch. What do I want and what do I need? So next week it will be Bologna, Cheese and Miracle Whip. I got individual bags of Chips and a Pudding Cup. Washing all that down with Diet Dr. Pepper. Might not be healthy but I will get there eventually. I’ve got no idea what supper will be like. Breakfast will be either Special K or Oatmeal.
As we were leaving the store I saw one of the cute Cart Guys rounding up the shopping cars. Those guys sure are in shape. Then by one of the ice coolers there was this guy who was just amazing looking. His butt was perfect and as soon as he bent over I exclaimed Oh My I’d tap that. Thankfully I was in the truck so he didn’t hear me.
Now I’m catching up on Laundry and going to trim Shy Girls claws tonight. That should be an adventure, I hope it goes well and she doesn’t injury herself or me or worse yet pee or poop on me. I have a bunch of stuff in store for her, but it’s kind of up to her temperament if I will be able to get it all in. There is claws to trim, her eye needs some drops and she could use a brushing. She loves brushing but once you piss her off by capturing her, the enjoyment goes out the window. She just wants to kill. You can feel the venom in her hiss. I believe if she wanted to she could be a fire breathing dragon. I hate to get her all worked up but this has to be done. Her claws are probably starting to curl under and I’ve already seen her stuck in a couple things. She will thank me afterwards, might be a day or two though.
The days are passing by fast. This unpaid vacation will be over with soon. I kind of hate the fact that I have to go back to work, simply because I have been accustomed to sitting at home. However, that won’t pay the bills. We have purchased a few lottery tickets, maybe one of them will pay off big. I think even then eventually I’d want to work some place. More thank anything I am just thankful that my unemployment journey is over with and there is a place that wants me. That feels really good! My bigger fear is something will go awry and this won’t work out. However, I have to put that out of my mind and concentrate on the fact that right now they want and need me. I’m getting ahead of myself and that usually causes fear and worry. So I will try to relax and enjoy my last few days of rest as I work on getting my sleep schedule back to something more normal.
I hope you had a fun and relaxing Saturday and I hope Sunday is even better. I will talk with you peeps later.
2 comments:
I got a call from my bank last week saying my credit card *may* have been comprimised (there was a list of card numbers and mine was on it) but no charges were made to my card. So they've just replaced it. First time that's ever happened to me.
Good luck with Shy Girl, maybe you should try giving her catnip before you do her nails? LOL
Have a good weekend Jer!
Funny thing I got a similar letter from AMEX the week I filed Bankruptcy.
Catnip is something they all love, but you don't want to play with them once you put that stuff out. It's like total crazy time, they go nutz.
To trim her claws, I just shut all of the doors and she knows it's coming. Then I get my tools (nail clipper, paper towels, brush) and suit up with welding gloves. Then I go tip over both couches and with a little muscle presto I have her. A lot to go through for one cat but she can't help that she doesn't like people, even though she has been around me for 12 years. You'd think she would have been used to me by now. I've been here since she was born and took her first breath. Funny thing about animals they are all unique!
Post a Comment