23 January 2026

Snowmageden

Hi & Welcome!   Last night I did something I normally don’t do on a Thursday evening.  I went to the grocery store.  I kicked around the idea in the early afternoon.  Talked myself out of it.  Then as the evening wore on and I heard more of the predictions for snow totals I opted to get out while it was good. 

Turns out I was far from alone at the store.  Everyone was there.  Milk was starting to disappear.  However the bread rack looked like we were in the pandemic.  Practically empty.  I grabbed the only 1/2 loaf of Italian Bread they had.  Bread is pretty much bread to me.  I have some Ham I am working on getting rid of and fresh bread is a must when it comes to a sandwich. 

I was in and out of the store just as fast as I would be on a Sunday.  My heart was beating like it was going to fly out of my chest.  I did some fast walking to cause that.  Managed to spend an even amount of money, just like I did this past Sunday. 

Before I got out of my car to go in I noticed at a stop light that my mileage was 77770.  I thought to myself all sevens must be good luck. 

I pressed my luck on and hit up the post office.  Had a package of OTC Health Care items waiting for me and a piece of junk mail.  Then stopped at the gas station just to top off the tank.  I spent $9 exactly. 

That was the end of my luck, I was cold and just wanted to get home.  Unloaded the groceries.  Hooked up the car to the battery charger to keep it maintained as the temperatures plummet. 

I am all stocked up and ready to ride out the weekend and the next week ahead.  Not that I really want to stay put but it sounds like it’s the best thing to do based on what I’ve heard thus far. 

Latest is that were getting 2 rounds of snow.  One on Saturday and then the bigger wave on Saturday evening into Sunday.  It’s all still dry powder so if I want to try to shovel I think I might be able to tackle this on my own.  However, I will wait and see.  Probably not going out to mess with it since nothing good ever comes from me with a snow shovel.  My wrists get messed up and I wear myself out.  I think I am just too old and out of shape for that stuff. 

Watched FREE BURT on Netflix last night.  It was so good.  It’s a series about Burt Kreischer and his family.  If your looking for a laugh give it a watch. 

Woke up at 3a, back muscle knot.  I watched more Home Improvement and turned up the furnace a degree.  The cats took over my bed and were fast asleep snuggled up next to each other.  I looked at them and said they have the right idea.  Just wish I had a person to snuggle with besides the cats. 

I know there is plenty of TV waiting for me tonight and I look forward to enjoying it.  Hopefully, on-call will be quiet.  I do have to get up early on Sunday for some testing but other than that I am free.  I’m sure I will have some extra time in bed. 

Looking forward to keeping warm and watching the snow fall as I listen to the police scanner and hear other folks having a bad day.  Hopefully there won’t be anything major and everyone heeds the warnings that are out. 

Well back to my reality of work, it’s fairly quiet.  It was rather noisy yesterday afternoon with the Microsoft365 outage.  Were not on M365 yet but schedule to migrate this year and I don’t look forward to that at all.  Just because it’s something out of our control and in the cloud.  When it goes down the whole organization will stop and people will bitch.  However, it’s the wave of the future they say and it’s something we have to do because Microsoft will stop supporting Exchange on prem.  Just another way for Microsoft to make money.

That’s all I have for now.  Check back a bit later for some photos from the GAYVN’s.  I found them on-line this morning and thought you would enjoy seeing them.  Take care and above all stay warm & well.

2 comments:

RB said...

Best to just stay home and enjoy TV until this snow mess is over.

Jeremy Ryan said...

I concur. It's nice watching it snowing and knowing that I don't have to get out in it.