I hope that 2026 is off to a good start for everyone!
New Years Day – I went out for Mexican food in the afternoon but was home for the bulk of the day with the cats. Playing on the computer and watching TV, just relaxing in general. I did stop to grab the mail.
Friday – It was back to work for one day and wow it was a banger. It started off with a lull and then the bottom fell out and I was super busy for a while. The day in general went by pretty fast as Friday’s do. I was glad when it was over.
Saturday – I got my laundry done in the evening. I spent the morning loafing and enjoying a day with nothing planned. I did go out to the same place I was at last Saturday. Got a bowl of chili and a Garlic Burger. That was the plan but then I heard the magical words “Bread Pudding” and well I had to have that. It was actually Pecan Bread Pudding and served cold. It would have been better warmed up with a lite drizzle of caramel on top. Watched a lot of porn when I got home. It’s one of my escapes from reality.
Sunday – Rudy woke me up way too early and I went back to bed. I got up late by Rudy’s standards. Passed out his breakfast. Then got ready to go get mine. Super cold outside and not a lot of people at the breakfast place but I am okay with that. Grocery store was kind of the same way. Topped off my gas tank and came home. Sat on the heating pad for my shoulders and upper back. Took a nap with the cats. Put out my medicine. Then launched into cleaning mode. I finally got to my bedroom closet which I have put off for months. I felt really good after I was done with it. Threw away a few pairs of old shoes and a ton of inserts. It was all junk that was just collecting dust. Cleaned the house and here I am in front of the computer.
It’s been a bit of a blur trying to figure out what day of the week it is with the holidays mixed in but it was really nice to have time away from work.
I will be done with my first on-call shift of the year come tomorrow morning and nothing feels better than having a break from that for a couple weeks. I’ve got 3 whole days to work this week and not really looking forward to any of them.
Thursday I’ll be seeing the doctor again just a regular visit to have labs checked and to air any general complaints. Friday I’ve got a haircut booked in the morning. Thinking of hitting up Sam’s Club again for a couple things. I know I will be eating out.
I’ve got the rest of today on my hands. I plan to go visit Red Lobster. Have a bowl of Clam Chowder and the Flounder Dinner. It sounds good I only hope that service is better. I’ve got two in the area by me in opposite directions. I always go to the one that I went to with my spouse but if service sucks then I will switch next time to the other one.
Cats are both fine. We have had some play time. They have been brushed and nails trimmed. They just love to be by me and Rudy is in my lap as I’m typing this. He is trying to sleep it’s the only time he wags his tail when his eyes are closed. Sometimes he does it with force and other times it’s gentle like it’s a reflex. I do wonder what they think sometimes.
Take care, stay warm & well. Talk with you all again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment