Well I did all of my usual morning errands. Hit up the cat food store in the afternoon and then left town for that BBQ place that is an hour and a half away. I enjoyed the drive but it would have been better on a warmer day. The food was good but the restaurant didn’t have the best atmosphere. It’s a sports bar type place but the location that closed years ago that was more local to me was more refined and upscale looking. What I went to today was like a hole in the wall. I had the Brisket with some mashed potatoes and broccoli. It came with a slice of Garlic Bread. Washed it all down with a couple diet sodas. Saw a twink and he was playing with his girlfriend but unbeknownst to him he put on quite the show for me. He had a sweet ass.
Once I got home it was a little after 5p and the sun had just set. The gas tank is almost empty so I will need to fill it up tomorrow. Probably going out for Mexican food if I feel like it, if not then at least to the gas station. It’s supposed to be even colder here tomorrow with a cold front moving in tonight. The furnace is running a lot more, I turned it up one degree before I left this afternoon to keep it comfy for the cats.
I logged on to work and trimmed my inbox from 364 emails to 64. Nothing like time away to point out the amount of useless emails that you accumulate each week. There are tons of things I am copied on that don’t matter to me, that I could care less about and just delete or file away. Man shit really went sideways while I was out this past week. My co-worker picked and chose what he would do and what he wouldn’t touch. That makes it difficult for me because I have to check every little thing and it’s time consuming. There is plenty more to do tomorrow and I do plan to get more into the thick of things then. Hopefully, that will make Tuesday a bit easier on me.
Monday is a holiday in the US – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Thankfully we are closed, so it works to my advantage in playing catchup. Lots of people though will know that I was working tonight because the emails are flying.
My calendar for Tuesday is a complete wreck and quite full. Our boring meetings we have are back on the calendar for the year. I hate that. However, I guess it’s all part of getting back to normal. Despite the fact that myself and a colleague really hate them, they could be emails instead of meetings.
I’m headed up after I wrangle the cats and grab another load of laundry. I had my release last night and it felt so good that I want another one tonight.
As for how I am doing. Well for some reason both of my sides hurt and I am now starting to cough more. I haven’t had any serious coughing fits to the point where I would expect my sides to hurt. As long as I am not getting worse. I honestly don’t want to take any more time from work for this. However, if I am to the point where I am fatigued I certainly won’t hesitate.
A point of clarification when I talked about Steroids. I was prescribed a short term dose of corticosteroids (a description of what they are used for appears below). More specifically Prednisone. I didn’t want anyone to think I on Anabolic Steroids. I’m not looking to get ripped, I’m looking to feel better. Typically they increase appetite for me and give me hot flashes. Thus far since I was only on a 3 days course I have felt none of the usual side effects. They do make you urinate more and if you don’t keep up your fluid intake you can dehydrate.
Corticosteroids are a class of medications that reduce inflammation and suppress the immune system. They are synthetic drugs similar to cortisol, a hormone produced by the adrenal glands. Commonly used corticosteroids include prednisone, cortisone, hydrocortisone, and dexamethasone.
I am quite proud of my accomplishments today. Still need to run the vacuum and take the trash out. However, the cats water fountain is cleaned, I put that off from last week. Their litter boxes have been serviced as well.
Here’s hoping for a good nights rest and that I feel even better tomorrow. My antibiotics will take me thru Friday. It will take a couple days for my system to flush the effects of the steroid out so I am truly back to normal. I did get a headache tonight on the way home but I knew I needed my evening meds and that fixed it. Hate headaches, don’t know how anyone puts up with them especially migraines. I don’t get them usually unless I am sick. I want to stay away from where all of the sick people are, places like doctors offices, hospitals and urgent care. It’s just an opportunity to pick up something I don’t have. I know that you can get germs anywhere I just think I am more apt to get them in the places sick people congregate at.
Thanks for stopping by. Hope your doing well!
No comments:
Post a Comment