Ms. Gator had me up all night long for what else but food. She would let me get between 30 and 45 minutes sleep and then she would start crying to wake me up. I went to bed late as it was and she wasn’t happy about that. I took an extra sleeping pill so that I would be sure to sleep through the night. I never expected to have to try to fight against that and cater to her.
I took the day off work and was mad as hell. I got dressed and went to the vets office early this morning. I voiced my concerns and was told that the vet would contact me this evening. I expressed my displeasure at that statement and asked if we could get a rush on the phone call. Clearly that hasn’t happened and I am wondering now if I am going to get a phone call at all.
I tried to go back to sleep this morning and think I got maybe 30 minutes of solid rest and then I woke up on my own. I’ve chatted it up today with a couple people but no one really knows what to say other than they wouldn’t do what I do for their pet. It’s far too much and to the extreme. The only thing that keeps me from strangling her or giving up is love and those are 4 powerful letters that make up a powerful word.
As you might imagine I have experienced a flurry of emotion off and on all day long. I want to cry and I also want to scream at the same time. My body is trying to process all of this. I don’t think were at deaths door at the moment but clearly we need to fix this problem because I can’t continue in this manner for an indefinite period of time. My employer understands a day her and a day there but I need to be productive and working. I’m not worried about my job at the moment. I am not giving up on my little girl either. I want to try everything within reason to solve this problem. I haven’t lost sight of the fact that at some point regardless of what I want our relationship will come to an end.
All of my worry is around what is going on with my little girl and why she is consuming so much food. The only thing I can think of is that the steroid is giving her this side effect with the increase dose. She also stopped drinking water overnight but has resumed this afternoon. I’d like to break away from the steroid and try something else. I know for a fact it’s not good for her kidney issues.
I’ve watched a few videos on YouTube and I hear about an alternative steroid that is supposed to work better but when I looked it up it’s got the same side effects. There is the elimination diet where you feed the cat something it’s never had before like alligator, deer, kangaroo, etc. You stop feeding the regular food and see what happens. Most cats respond to this and then you have your solution. I don’t mind doing that but I have no idea where in the world I would get something rare like that for a cat that is already prepared. The chances this is caused by an allergic reaction to something she is eating is pretty high but my vet hasn’t said a word about that. You can google until your hearts content and read article after article and watch video after video. However, that can also work to your detriment. You get convinced you either have found the solution or figured out what you or your pets has and in turn all you really did was cause unnecessary worry to yourself. You have to take everything on the internet with a grain of salt. There could be some truth to it but then again it might not be applicable at all.
I tried to get her into a vet that I trust for a second opinion only to find out they aren’t taking any new patients. That was a huge disappointment. I don’t have another move at the moment. There are other vets in the area and I think it’s a crap shoot with picking any of them. What I worry about most is that word will get back to the vet that we see regularly that I asked for a second opinion and it will cause harm to that relationship. The vet that I see is the largest in my area and open 24/7/365 they are a huge money making machine with all of the latest technology. I have sworn them off after something happens to Gator I have no plans to ever darken their door again. However, I will probably wind up having to eat those words.
Right now it’s a little after 6p and thus far no call back. I am not happy and will give them a bit more but eventually if they force my hand I will either call or go show up in person again. It’s only 2 miles away and I can get there pretty fast. That’s one of the main reasons why I stick with them.
Here’s hoping that I get some answers soon and more importantly that I can get some quality sleep tonight so that I can work tomorrow. I haven’t yet abandoned the idea of going in this week for a day but right now it’s not top on my list. Getting back in the swing of things is however at the top of the list.
Funny or ironic thing is that Gator has managed to get in plenty of sleep during the day. I hope that doesn’t mean she will be up all night again. I have to crash and come down from running on adrenaline and some sugar all day long. When I do I think that is when I will get the best sleep.
The weather is off the wall as well. It was in the 80’s yesterday and today were back to more Winter like temperatures and even have a freeze warning for tonight. That is so crazy. I don’t want summer just yet but I also am done with winter.
Hoping that the rest of the week will be better for me and my girl. I hope that your doing okay as well and as always come back again to read more about what is going on in our lives. Thanks for your visit and cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment