17 April 2022

Easter Sunday

easter egg

I was permitted to sleep in a bit this morning, but I was also woken up at 5a to feed her majesty.  I enjoyed my sugar filled breakfast which was 3 pancakes & sausages on a stick with blueberry syrup and a warm chocolate chip cookie.  Washed it all down with a nice ice cold Diet Pepsi.  I am typically a Coke fan but wanted to switch it up. 

I did my house cleaning and was able to get Gator’s couch bed cleaned.  That is where she spends the bulk of her time and it was full of fur and dried up food bits.  Now I need to trim her talons, the rear ones are the worst.  I’ve never been one to trim a cats rear claws but those are the ones she usually gets me with. 

Got my recliner lubricated up with some garage 3in1 oil to keep it gliding smooth.  I also cleaned the chair its self.  When Gator isn’t in one of her beds she is in my lap in this chair.  The poor thing (chair) has served its purpose and was a birthday gift at least 20 years ago.  However, it’s still comfy and working.  The cushion part is a bit worn and if that could be refreshed I’d keep this forever.  Right now I just add a blanket to it and it’s good enough for us. 

Cleaned Gator’s fountain.  Had to put it in the dishwasher because it looked like there was something growing in the water and I didn’t want to take any chances.  I was permitted to take a short nap but when she discovered she had to drink out of a bowl she was sure to wake me up, she wanted her fountain back.  Funny how they get used to things. 

Cleaned my jewelry.  Thought I would change a watch battery.  I did a good job on that until it was time to put the damn watch back together.  The back just snaps on but it would pop on one side, while the other side was sticking up.  I tried to use the handle of a butcher knife to act as a hammer and lightly tapped but that didn’t do anything.  I lightly lubricated around the edge with some oil and that didn’t work.  I got a hammer and tried and tried.  Eventually I gave up and smashed it to bits, took out the battery and threw the damn thing in the trash.  It was a cheap watch I got a couple years ago on Amazon and didn’t mean that much to me.  It was frustrating as hell and while I could have taken it some place to get it put back together I wouldn’t have gotten the satisfaction I achieved by smashing the damn thing to bits. 

I’ve got two other watches.  One is a cheap watch I got from Amazon and the other is my good watch.  They both use a special notched screw tool to remove the back.  I could purchase one from Amazon but it’s just as easy to go some place and let a pro do the battery change.  My good watch is still ticking but the cheap one needs a battery or two.  That will be on my to-do list but I am not in a rush.  I typically don’t wear a watch.  I used to for the longest time but got out of the habit.  I really want an Apple Watch but won’t buy one because I think it would probably sit idle most of the time, plus if I broke it I would be seriously upset. 

Working on laundry.  Clothes are done.  Bed clothes are done.  Got some hand towels in now and when they are dry that is when I will be headed up stairs.  I’ve been up and down stairs off and on all day long just for a few moments to deal with laundry.  I am also running some cleaner through the dishwasher.  Trash has been emptied. 

I need to run the massager over my back again, it’s still bothering me.  I got to do that and ice it last night for a bit.  I plan to repeat the process tonight.  Plus I am going to shave and since the bed is clean a nice hot shower should help me to relax and sleep well. 

Monday morning will be here before you know it.  Looking forward to eating my holiday meal from the store for supper and taking in my tech podcast.  That goes from 4 until 7 or 7:30p at the latest.  Then I need to pass time until 8p and that is when I start the wind down process.  It takes roughly about a 1/2 hour to shave & shower, then it’s sleeping pill time, brush my tooth's and viola were done.  Just watch TV until I get sleepy and then it’s lights out. 

It’s been a nice day that I have been able to move at my own pace and don’t feel rushed.  I still am chained to my phone in case anything should pop at work but I don’t anticipate many people are doing much considering the holiday.  Although my neighbor did mow his yard.  Other than that it’s been quiet here and I like it very much. 

Hope your having a great day and are able to relax.  Hang in there as we take on another week.  Talk with you all again soon. 

No comments: