Gator’s lab work came back and I got results via email late last night, which kind of surprised me. I was expecting a phone call. Overall it shows some progression with her Kidney disease and the fact that she really needs fluids once per week to help with thing. All other areas of her blood work were normal.
The diagnosis right now is as we suspected, her IBD is flaring up. Continue with the increased dose of steroids and if her appetite doesn’t come more into control within the next 1 to 2 weeks let the vet know. I really hope that I don’t have to continue to deal with this ravenous appetite for 2 more weeks. I am expecting that after Saturday or on Sunday that she is a different cat. It typically takes 5 days for the drug to level out in the system and that causes things to fall into place. She should also be walking a bit better since it should help with her arthritis.
It was 80 degrees in here last night and way too hot to try to sleep. I had to turn on the AC and it worked it’s magic. Then I slept with the entire system off … no heat or ac. It’s not bad in here this morning. Were headed for another hot day and weekend so I am sure that I will be leaning more on the AC.
I passed out some fluids to Gator, she wasn’t happy about it. However, it was time to get it out of the way. I can see the difference in her this morning, it’s like she has this glow about her.
She had me up a little bit last night but mostly let me sleep, until an hour before I was set to get up. Then she asked for more food. Problem is that she eats some cans in full and others she only eat some of it and then moves on, never to return and there is a large amount of wasted food.
When I did get up she was on my heels for food. I took care of her and she ate a bit and then demanded that I feed her from the couch for what she left behind, which was a good portion of the can. I went about my normal morning routine and at the very end I gave her the can of food from the couch. Most people wouldn’t do that and then of course she would have to make a choice starve or go get it on her own. The thought process most people have is that she would go get it on her own.
I don’t have quite the uneasy feeling that I did earlier in the week but it doesn’t take much to bring that feeling on. She is and always will be a constant worry of mine until the very end. Just like all of her family members that went before her.
It’s a super busy and hectic day at work. I just paused long enough to get this out. Hope that you all have a great Friday! Talk with you all again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment