18 January 2022

The fight continues

I had a virtual doctor visit today and my disability paperwork has been completed.  I am off work for a few weeks, if I get better I can get things changed and go back sooner.  If this thing isn’t out of me in a couple weeks then I guess it’s moved in to stay.  I got new symptoms this morning, the dreaded diarrhea and it seems to be sticking with me.  I eat and then it’s like my body just shreds what I put in it.  I am for sure taking something to bring an end to that. 

On the off chance there is something bacterial going on an antibiotic was called in for me.  Turns out my insurance used to cover this but now does not.  I need a slightly different version in order for it to be covered.  I’ve called and let the doc know that.  If it isn’t changed tomorrow then I will send a message, which seems to get a quick response.  I need to refill my sleeping pills and I would rather make 1 trip out than 2. 

As for getting out, I have no plans other than the essentials of mail, cat food and groceries.  If I begin to feel better I may chance it but right now I much prefer to stay home.

Gator seems to be liking me sick.  She woke me up at 2a and asked for food.  I just fell into a nice slumber and because of her I was up for a couple hours before I could go back to sleep. 

I am consuming all kinds of content on the streaming services.  I just finished The White Lotus on HBO.  I am hooked on The Righteous Gemstones.  Steve Harvey’s attempt at court with Judge Steve Harvey is also pretty good.  I am running out of things to watch and it seems like when I say that out loud something manages to catch my eye. 

I chatted beefily with a co-worker and things are still falling apart at work.  I told him that I probably wasn’t going to be back for a few more weeks which didn’t go over that well.  Youth has its advantages and since I am not in my prime it takes longer for me to bounce back, plus take into consideration the other health conditions I have.  I think people will have a new found appreciation for what exactly it is that I do.  I do not miss all of the silly bullshit and mindless meetings.  I do however miss some parts of my job.  I still would like to walk away but know that is not reasonable, so I will go back but I am not rushing things, just take it day by day focusing on me and not work.  I know that if I would fail to come back or drop dead they would for sure replace me.  This is the one true way that I can get some me time in and not have to have any worry, plus turning off my phone brings great pleasure to me then the only one who can disturb me is Gator. 

Well time to get back to the TV this is as much fun as I can stand for the day. 

No comments: