01 January 2022

Day 1 of 365

I managed to stay up past midnight but didn’t watch any NYE events.  I took in the next season of Cobra Kai on Netflix.  I finished all of it in 1 night.  I started in the afternoon because it was a slow work day.  I went to bed probably somewhere around 1a.  Gator wasn’t terribly happy but that didn’t stop her from waking me up multiple times and then insisting that I get up at 7a because that is my normal time during the week.  Needless to say I didn’t have a restful nights sleep.

This morning I watched Being the Ricardo’s on Amazon Prime.  It was really interesting.  I am a huge Lucille Ball fan and have watched all of the I Love Lucy episodes.  They were really great TV.  After that was done I started watching The secret life on a cruise ship.  I eventually paused it and fell back asleep but that was well in the afternoon. 

When I woke, I got a shower and then dressed and headed off for cat food.  There weren’t many people out at all, it wasn’t like Christmas Day but you could tell that many people were at home, probably nursing a hang over.  After I got the cat food I felt my sugar dropping so I headed for food for me.  I hit up a new Mexican place and it was anything but great.  Service wasn’t the greatest, the food could have been better and they charged a surcharge for using a credit card.  Needless to say I won’t be back.  I felt my stomach grumbling as I returned to the car.  Not sure if it was what I just ate or the TV dinner from the night before.  I started walking in the door and my body some how knew where I was and signaled for the release.  I had a minor mess to clean up. 

After that fiasco was cleaned up, I took care of getting my Gator some food.  Then put the rest of her newly purchased food away.  The shelfs at cat food store are starting to show a little more stock but not by much.  I then took care of her litter boxes and then went back out for the mail.  Once home I sifted through what I got, which was nothing but bills and a Christmas card from a new realtor.  Back to the basement and then I did some playing on my own and finally got the dreaded jobs at work done.  It took me about an hour to do the work, including my stupid report.  What I took care of are the changes we new about.  There is always a second round but that doesn’t get published until we return and I expect it will be out this next week. 

As I type this I don’t exactly feel energetic.  I am headed up to grab a Gator Aid (the drink, not my cat) and see what I can find to watch.  I suspect that bedtime tonight will come much earlier than it did last night.  I plan to take care of my normal Sunday stuff unless I feel crappy.  Were supposed to have some snow and much colder weather to deal with in the morning, so who knows that might be a deterrent. 

I hope that your first day of the new year was great.  I will talk with you all again soon.  Happy New Year once again!

No comments: