I chose to spend today as any typical Saturday, lounging and loafing with Gator. I did have to remove her last night from the bedroom because she kept waking me up. I got clawed up on one of my wrists pretty good. That’s kind of my fault for not trimming her claws, plus the way I was holding her. Then again, I wasn’t fully awake, I did realize I was injured but knew that I wasn’t gushing blood so I just went back to bed.
Gator is still on ½ of a pill I thought I might be jumping the gun. I don’t want to confuse her body by going back to a full pill if I don’t have to. Her appetite has increased but she is still making solid waste and scarfing down a good portion of what I put down. She also still eats left overs if it strikes her fancy. Outside of the slight uptick in appetite I am less inclined to go back to a full for the moment. If I do make the change, it will be permanent because you don’t want to play with steroid dosage regardless if it’s a human or animal.
I was up at my normal 7a time but really didn’t want to be. I thought about getting out and being productive and that is a voice I should have listened to. I say that now in past tense because there was a surprise lurking for me in my mailbox. I’m in trouble with my local municipality and have a certified letter waiting for me. Good news rarely (if ever) comes by certified mail. I’ve got all sorts of ideas as to what is in the letter. I won’t know for sure until I pick it up and that won’t be until Monday. I did some quick research and most likely I will have 5 days to fix whatever issue is in the letter, otherwise things get worse. However, I won’t know that for certain until I read the letter. It would be nice if this just somehow happened to be good news, but that is not my expectation. My hope is that this is over the grass only because of two reasons. First, it’s already been taken care of. Second because I can place blame even though I am ultimately responsible because I am the property owner. If it’s anything else I will have to call someone and hope that they can act in a swift manner and that it doesn’t cost me much. I’m not looking for trouble or to become adversarial with my local city government. You can’t fight city hall and I certainly don’t want to be on their list. I’ve never had any trouble with them before but it’s safe to say that I have made plenty of enemies with the multiple grass contractors I have been through. I am ready to fire the current guy because he is doing a shitty job, trying to overcharge me and billing me for services he hasn’t performed. In short, I am babysitting him and having to call him out otherwise he would screw me over and not in a good way. I just need to make it through this year and then next year I can start fresh with a new person. We are so close to mowing season being over with that it’s not worth making a change now, plus finding someone would be next to impossible. I do hope that whatever the issue is with the city that it’s minor, fixable and I can get off of their list of problem children.
It’s safe to say between home, work and whatever the city wants I have more than a full plate. Seems like Murphy rears his ugly head when I get a little bit of money and he always seems to take it away from me. I just want to live my life and be left alone when it comes to trouble and problems. I am ready to get rid of this black cloud that is looming over me.
After I finish up playing personally on the computer, I have some work to take care of. Then it will be upstairs where it will be time to trim Gators nails and give her some fluids. Of course, I will still have to get in her pill but those two events will be stressful enough for her. I’d like to knock all 3 out at the same time but don’t know if she or I for that matter will be up for that.
I know that today is a day that America remembers and reflects on annually. I can’t believe it’s been 20 years, still feels very much like yesterday to me. I know the pain is still very real for those that were there that day and most everyone can tell you where they were when this tragedy occurred. I think we have come a long way since the day the attack took place but there is still much work to be done. Perhaps one day there will be peace on earth or something reasonably close to it. I don’t expect to see that in my lifetime.
In other news today is my vehicles birthday, 4 years old. Sadly, my factory warranty expires today. I got the full 4 years out of it but if it weren’t for COVID mileage would have long made it void. Thankfully I have an aftermarket warranty to fall back on but that too is only good for one additional year. My plan if all is right is to buy a new vehicle next year at or about this time. That will depend on a lot of factors but I do hope that it’s in the cards for me, I also hope that my present vehicle holds up and doesn’t start to give me any trouble. It’s been solid, outside of gobbling up tires and it’s also saved my life a few times. To say that I feel a bond with the vehicle is an understatement. In many ways I am ready to get rid of it but I also want to hold on to it because the cost of insurance is down and continues to drop, the same is true for the balance on the loan. Unfortunately, I am still paying on it but there is an end in sight.
I know that a little rain must fall into everyone’s life from time to time. What I don’t understand is why my life seems to be a constant monsoon. I can’t think of anything I did to deserve the problems that I seemingly have to keep fighting off but they say what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. I feel some strength but I also feel very tired and abused. Romeo, Romeo for where art thou Romeo?
Hope you are having a great weekend. Take care and we will see where this train ride takes us.
No comments:
Post a Comment