I made it to the grocery store at a decent hour. My four-legged alarm clock had me up at 5a to feed her. Then she knew when I should be up and headed to the store so she started in at 8a and I finally gave in and got out of bed at 8:30a. By 9a I was at the grocery store.
My impulse purchase of the day was pretzels covered in white chocolate, they had it placed right as you walk in the door. Crafty marketing people. There were no long lines and it didn’t seem like any one was keeping track of how many people were in the store at one time. I did pick up 2 holiday meals for 1. There is some turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, sweet potatoes and cranberry’s [yuk!]. I love left overs and wanted to make sure that I have plenty.
I got called by a co-worker a few times asking for help and worked with him roughly for about 45 minutes to an hour on a few different problems. These were divided up into 3 different calls. In between this I managed to vacuum and get the backdoor and front windows covered with the plastic kits I purchased. I’ve been putting the covering task off for a while and it’s worked to my advantage with some warmer weather. I bought 3M in case your wondering. I just throw it up and don’t bother to try to smooth out wrinkles with the hair dryer. When it’s daylight out you can’t tell the difference. It’s night time when the wrinkles show. That’s why I stick with 3M. Last year was my first year of doing this and I purchased 2 different brands. 3M has the best product by far and it looks the best, even with my haphazard manner of installation.
There was a short nap this morning after returning from the store. Outside of that I have been watching TV or browsing social media. I placed an order for a couple pairs of sweat pants and a fruit cake (of all things). It’s supposed to be a ‘best seller’ and really good. I’ll be the judge of that. I did look to make sure there was no booze in it. I had an aunt that used to make them each year and they wreaked of booze, which everyone but me liked. Gator and I took in some TV and then it was supper time, so I passed out her supper. I had Stouffer’s Mac & Cheese. I bought a pizza but figured I would save it for another day.
I am waiting patiently for Amazon to deliver my keyboard caps from Razer. I ordered them in White and think they will look really good once I swap them out. I really wanted to get this job done today but from the pace of things it looks like this will be a job for tomorrow or another day. I’m not a gamer but Razer makes some good stuff and I like the RGB lighting effects. Speaking of games, I saw the new Oculus that is available. You don’t need a PC for it and it’s around $200 to $300. Looks like a lot of fun and it’s got that immersive experience. While I’d like to take it for a spin, I am hesitant because while it would be all the rage now, in a month or more I might not be so enamored by it and I would lose interest. I bought a Nintendo WI because I had to have it and got a couple games for it. Today that unit lives in a closet. I played with it for a couple months and then lost interest. It wasn’t a cheap purchase and I got a limited edition of the console that was sold on Amazon. So much for that.
I need to run my report for work. Then I can squeeze in more TV time and grab a shower. Then it will be time for bed and back to Monday. My calendar actually is pretty open so there is at least one task that I am planning on knocking out. Cramming 5 days into 3 is quite the challenge and most people will be out this week and also next week. With taking my sick day last week, after my upcoming vacation I will still have 5.5 hours to burn before the end of the year, chances are that I will lose the time. It’s not the worst thing in the world, if I didn’t have this silly report to run in the morning then I would actually only be losing a ½ hour. My boss was pushing to get the report discontinued for now since there are no plans of re-entry, that was the reason why I had to start running it in the first place.
I hope that you enjoyed the weekend. Have a great week ahead, be safe and we will talk again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment