25 May 2020

Memorial Day 2020

Today is anything but a normal day with the quarantine. Most people would be BBQing and swimming in the pool. Granted there are some folks who are doing their normal thing despite the restrictions in place.

I took a muscle relaxer last night and it took forever to kick in, I didn’t dare double it with sleeping medicine for fear that I would be out of it today. Considering I am on-call I figured it would be wise to be alert and oriented. I did grab a couple bowls of sugar cereal and a banana. I fed my fuzzy buddies and then went to check on my phone. Watched the Flintstones until the sugar wore off and then went back to bed for a while. Rain was in the forecast but has yet to show up.

I rolled out of bed a little after noon. It was pretty humid in here, welcome summer. Goodbye money since the AC will be running. It does get quite cozy in here but everything has to cost money. I got dressed and headed to the office supply store.

They had 1 blue gaming chair left. I sat in a Serta chair, man it was like sitting on a cloud (as if that is a thing). I am telling you though it was like nothing I have sat on before and I honestly didn’t want to get up. The arms were in the way or I would have purchased that chair, despite the$400 price tag. It was built for a large person. Instead I opted for the blue gaming chair. It’s faux leather and has some rigid back support (hopefully that doesn’t wear out with time). I brought it home and put it together. I thought I was doing really well that is until I had problems getting the back on, I really had to fight with it and once I got it on, that’s when it hit me. I put it together backwards. No wonder there was problems. I am not a mechanical person and that proves it. However, I managed to disassemble the chair and then get it put together correctly. It went together in a snap once I had everything right. There went 2 hours of my day and my fingers hurt but I am sitting in the chair typing this out. It’s comfy.

When I went to enter the expense in, I noticed that I was over charged. Turns out that the website and the store are 2 different entity’s, so if you want a web price you have to tell them to price match it. How bizarre is that? No other store does that but I guess times are a changing. Anyway, I got $40 back and that made me happy. I wanted to drive down and see about getting a Chicken Sandwich but opted instead to head to Wendy’s since it was closer. Nothing like a double cheese burger & a large chili. That will keep me full for a while. Might not even need supper considering I ate it late in the afternoon.

Once I ate, I gave up my plans to run the vacuum, but I did get the litter boxes emptied and the trash is out. Were doing good. Laundry is drying and it’s now 4p. I am stuffed and the kids got lunch so I think were all pretty happy right about now. The grass man came and I got an awful whiff of fresh cut grass. My nose has been reactive ever since.

No particular plans for the rest of the day. I would like to get out in the garage and get that wood broken up and bagged. Outside of that maybe a shave & shower. Nothing on television since today is a holiday but life returns to “normal” tomorrow. It’s been quiet thus far for on-call and that is totally what I expected, hopefully there isn’t an 11th hour surprise.

I had to revert my sound card back to the USB dongle, the popping started again. I also have had my printers disappear twice now. I hope that is not a new reoccurring problem. Rebooting does fix the issue but that is something that I never had an issue with before.

I do wish that I was at a BBQ today with my sweetie and that life was all roses & cherries but instead I am stuck here in reality. Alone and slightly miserable. I miss my family (my late spouse, Momma, Big Boy, Ruth, Taz and Blu) unfortunately there isn’t much that can be done about that. Just have to suck it up (so to speak) and carry on. I’m looking for happiness but that seems to be nonexistent.

I did pull my profile from on-line dating since my subscription expired on Saturday. While I did have a couple of matches, the guys were not appealing to me. Right now, is not the time for dating considering all of the restrictions in place. I have often though maybe I think I am ready to date but maybe that is a fantasy. While I am not happy, I am doing well for being on my own, all things considered. Who knows what the future has in store? Just as long as it’s not more bad news or negativity I think I will be okay. Sure, there are going to be some speed bumps (like when I lose Marv & Gator) but outside of that I hope to remain on coast if things aren’t going to get any better.

Time to pry myself away from this machine. I’ll be stuck here tomorrow for hours on end doing work and that won’t be fun at all. However, glad to be able to say that I have a job and that I can work from home. I hope that your doing okay and managed to have some fun today.

Hang in there and we will talk again soon. Be well.

No comments: