08 May 2020

Fabulous Friday–hooray!

Another week is history. I see that restrictions in the bordering state where I work are easing. They are opening restaurants back up but everyone has to wear a mask and maintain social distancing. It’s a phased and slow process. As for my home state there is no change, the word is stay home unless you have to be out. I know that other areas of the country are opening back up as part of the president’s efforts to re-open America. My opinion is that he is approaching this as if to bury his head in the sand and hope the problem goes away. Meanwhile one of the staff members that interacts with him tested positive and when he was informed, he was not happy. I think he’s playing fast n loose and this is all going to cost many people their lives. I get that businesses can’t thrive if the economy is closed but at least the people who run the business still have their lives and have a chance at earning a living once things are under control. It beats the alternative of opening up, having the people get sick and die – then every possible chance they had is gone because they are dead. Just look at the numbers, just because the president or whomever wants this to be over with it is not. The virus is very much in charge here and until there is a vaccine or a cure were all going to be held hostage in some form. No one to my knowledge really enjoys this but better safe at home. They don’t call this a pandemic for no reason at all.

I am not a political person but hearing some of the obvious stupidity from the government is something I can’t tolerate, especially when it is going to affect people like you and me, the common folk. I do realize we can’t all stayed hunkered down forever but a little bit longer seems like a safer bet to me. When fall gets here they expect a rise in cases again. I can only hope, pray, watch and wait that there is some good news with regards to better treatment and/or a vaccine. I’m not big on needles but I will gladly get the vaccine for this as I think a lot of people will.

In other news, I was talking with my co-worker today and we got on the subject of Nutella. He told me that he has to hide the jar when he buys it because his wife will devour it. I told him that Steak N Shake has a Nutella milk shake. They are going there for lunch tomorrow. I know they will enjoy themselves and after the week they both had, they kind of deserve it.

I’ve been thinking for a while wouldn’t it be interesting if my late spouse had access to this site and was reading it and keeping tabs on me. Funny what you can think about when you have nothing but time on your hands. My imagination is a bit overactive these days. I was sitting with Gator at lunch time and reminiscing about when she was born and how life as we know it has unfolded. All of the ups and downs we have been through. The fact that if I had been paying the mortgage on this place when we moved in, I would be close to paying it off in about 10 more years. However, instead I am paying off my late spouse’s credit card debt that he rolled into the mortgage. It’s not bad enough that I had to pay his Bankruptcy as well. The upside is that I didn’t lose the house but there have been times (when things go wrong) that I kind of wish I had lost it. When things go wrong, I just want to call someone and tell them to deal with it, instead of having to deal with it on my own. The joy of home ownership!

I have been fiddling more with the PC and made some setting adjustment changes to the Page File and to adjust performance in the hopes that I can get the audio issue to settle down. I got confirmation today from Amazon that the new soundcard is on the way and will be here on Monday. If I bought it and don’t need it – better to have it on hand. However, my attempts are futile and the card is in fact going bad then it will be a good thing. All I know is one way or another I am going to solve this problem. That could potentially mean changing PC’s and I am prepared for that but want that to be the last possible option I explore, since the world as I know it is very much up in the air. While today I have no major concern that I will lose my job I do have concerns that I will have to take a pay cut. Therefore, it’s smart to defer big purchases for as long as possible.

Right now, I am passing time until 5p when I have some work to do and then can throw in the towel for the week. My password also needs to be changed and I thought for sure that I would get to it today but that never happened. It’s been really quiet compared to the last couple weeks and I am very thankful for that. I may take care of it over the weekend but if not, I have until next Saturday. There are vendor sites that I use that will expire my password sooner so that’s why I usually like to get the jump on things. It’s always a challenge to think up a new password but I manage somehow.

Looking forward to dinner tonight, some chicken alfredo dish I picked up. I forgot I had it and stumbled across it at lunch time. I also have a piece of Strawberry Forest Cake – it’s like Black Forest Cake but with Strawberry’s instead of cherries. Of course, it will be short lived and, in my belly, pretty quick once I get to it. I don’t tend to mess around when it comes to food.

I’ve got no real solid plans as for the weekend, just going to play it by ear. Spontaneous will be the theme. I don’t expect to do anything wild and crazy, but then again you never know. Kind of sucks that this is Mother’s Day weekend. I miss my Momma so much, yes, I’m talking about the cat. I miss my mom as well just not as much because that loss is older and Momma’s lost is only a few months old. If you’re a Mother I hope you have a great Mother’s Day. Have a great and wonderful weekend, we will talk again soon. Take care and be well.

No comments: