It’s a Monday but the best part about today is that it’s a holiday, which is something I need! I felt decent when I woke up, still didn’t want to get out of bed but that is an everyday thing. Got the cats fed, then took my meds and out to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. Service was not so good but the food made up for that. I had a Country Fried Steak something I haven’t had in a long time and yes this was for breakfast. Once I made it to the car I felt like life was draining from me. So I talked my self out of my Target run and just went on to the grocery store.
My prime reason for Target was to get cat litter. I lucked out and they had it on sale at the grocery store. This was a better price than Target typically has so I couldn’t pass it up. By the time I got done unloading the car and putting things away I was done for.
This was a simple task that normally doesn’t exhaust me but being sick wow it just was exhausting. You would have thought I ran a marathon. I camped out in front of the TV and began catching up on stuff I had on the DVR since it’s so easy for me to get lost in ER streaming. The longer I sat the more down hill I went, eventually my face was killing me primarily in my forehead. I went to bed and Gator and I curled up and watched TV from there. Eventually I fell asleep and then shortly after 1 I got up and passed out lunch.
I took time to have some lunch myself. I also indulged in some mini Recess Peanut Butter Cups. I figure if their good enough for NPH then there good enough for me. I know it’s not what my sugar needed but the little kid trapped in me with a serious sweet tooth devoured them.
Then it was off to the couch to watch more TV and finally Marvin came out of hiding. I had to feed him and then he wanted cuddle time with me, which I gave him. These 3 cats love and depend upon me so much, my love for them is equally as strong. They are my last tie to the life that has passed me by with my late partner. They are my reason for living but watching them age and grow older knowing that soon our time will run out is disheartening. So I spend as much time as I can with them, cater to them and love them like I know how. I don’t always get to do what I want but I tell myself that looking back after they are gone I will appreciate the sacrifice I made.
I feel much better now and hope that this feeling sticks so that I have some motivation to actually go into work tomorrow. I know I have the option to work at home but with all of the time I have spent here a chance of scenery is needed. Plus being around other people. I got invited to my friends house for BBQ but I turned him down because I’m sick. I would really love to go and catch up but I asked for a raincheck and we can get together in a couple weeks, when hopefully all of this crud has made it’s way out of my body.
My lawn guy came by and cut today. He was here last week bush trimming, he actually took out a whole bush and I am not happy about it. I like to walk around free in my home and by that I mean clothing optional depending on my mood. If it’s late at night or first thing in the morning I am as naked as the day I was born. Well now that he did his handy work my neighbors can see me in my kitchen. I hope they like what they see because there is no changing me. I’m still waiting for his bill, it’s going to be hefty because I have yet to pay for grass cutting. He says he will bill me and I hope he does soon so that I can exhale and get him paid.
The laundry is done, I just need to carry it upstairs and put it away. I got this new lemony shave gel and am looking forward to trying it out in a bit. Putting a new razor blade on and going to town. I’d love to keep a beard but can’t get past the itchy stage and since part of my face hair has turned white there is yet another reason to shave it off.
Well that’s about it for today’s post. I hope that this week is better than last week and things will be extra quiet at work since my boss is gone on vacation. I don’t have to worry about useless meetings and bullshit, but like a bad penny he will be back in 2 weeks and that’s when we will go back to the norm. Until then it’s like a vacation for me, rest and relax enjoy the quiet because it won’t last for long.
I hope your enjoying the warmer weather, that there is fun & peace in your world. There is peace in mine but it’s just not fun right now, never is when your sick. However, I know that this is only temporary and it too shall pass, then the fun will come back. That will be nice! Take care and we will talk again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment