10 May 2019

Busy

What a week!  Hope your doing well and that the sun is shining bright in your neck of the woods.  That is unless it’s midnight. 

I have been setting up new people all day, I got most of them done yesterday and made a decent dent today.  There are still 3 more left.  If I get lucky and have no interruptions, the stars & the moon alight I can knock the remainder out in about an hour.  I move at a pace where I keep hearing a little voice saying your missing something or your fucking this up.  I know that I’m not and have to ignore those thoughts.  I’m not saying I am perfect but if there are problems I will deal with them.  I am doing a superb job!  My trainer would be proud of me.

I did manage to take a break here and there.  Extended my lunch hour by an hour which wasn’t bad at all.  I was walking around and talking to folks.  Someone asked me what I was doing for mothers day and what I got my mom.  I said oh don’t you remember she dropped dead last year.  Yeah that made them feel really good.  It was awkward but there wasn’t any emotion connected to it.  I mean it’s a fact that I am not happy about but I can’t change it. 

Worked from home on Wednesday, I woke up to what looked like a soft serve ice cream machine went berserk – only it wasn’t ice cream.  Worse yet I came damn close to stepping in it.  I was rushing around so much trying to get ready for work that when I was in the shower it hit me.  Work from home.  A t-shirt and some boxers, not a bad thing to work in.  Started laundry and resumed cleanup.  All worked out well.

I got a new medicine for my diabetes and was waiting for clarification from the doctor on if this drug was replacing something or just to be added to what I was taking.  I got tired of waiting so I made an educated guess.  Still waiting on the proper instructions but hey hopefully I didn’t make a huge mistake.  It’s only been 2 days but I feel a little better.  True test will be tomorrow morning when I check my sugar. 

Weekend chores – I’d like to get a new watch battery.  That’s only been on my list for 2 weeks now.  I hardly ever wear it but I like to keep it in good working order and clean.  It’s a dress watch and it’s made to impress.  I need to pickup my Sudafed refill from the pharmacy but I suspect I will run into problems.  Hopefully, I am wrong and can get it without a problem.  I am a week and a few days early but it’s close enough that it shouldn’t be a problem.  It’s not covered by insurance and so I have to pay full cash price which is $100 but when you need it and don’t have a choice, you pay.  That’s it along with the usual chores of mail, shopping for me and the kids, grabbing a bite or two out and then filling up the gas tank. 

My house looks more like a forest.  Bushes have yet to be trimmed and the grass is super tall.  I sent the guy a note just recapping our conversation but the address I found on-line was wrong and so the letter came back.  Now I am sure he will be sending me a bill so I’ll get his address eventually.  Grass is due to be cut again next week. 

Well up to the furry family.  Were still in our ER marathon.  Carter has gotten lucky a couple times but sadly there hasn’t been much to see.  ER was a really good show for it’s time.  There are lots of lessons buried in the show and plenty of take away. 

Have a nice weekend and if your a mom, Happy Mother’s Day!  Talk again soon. 

No comments: