06 May 2019

Monday–done

Monday is done!  My vehicle repairs that were supposed to take all day, only took 4 hours.  That was a nice surprise.  No cost to me for the work which is also nice.  Got some work done around here.  Changed the wardrobe from long sleeves to short sleeves.  I still have my lightweight jacket handy for any infrequent cool mornings we should have.  It’s a hot box in here right now around 77 and I will have to run the AC a little bit to cool things down. 

Marv is eating but not bunches.  Momma is eating but she has frequent diarrhea.  She still looks dehydrated to me so I am going to fill her up with some fluid and give her a slight touch of something for the diarrhea.  I’ve got a mini-pet pharmacy going here with left over medicine.  I worry about all of them and they know it.  They work me until I am ready to come unglued.  Like tonight Marv was eating outside of my bathroom.  He decided that he wanted to go in my room.  He thought his food should follow him but we all know that is not how it works.  Well for Marv it does, but I have to be home.  He sat behind my recliner and started meowing.  I asked him if he wanted more and I got a meow.  I brought him the plate and he was lapping it up.  He hasn’t really had anything crunchy that I have seen so I am wondering if he might have a tooth issue.  I’ve got my watchful eye on all of them.  If need be we will go to the vet but I like to avoid that place as much as possible. 

Got a scam text from 410 200 500, I had an account alert from a bank I have never heard of.  Gave it a google and it’s fraud.  Quite well known I might add as well.  I reported the text to my carrier and added the number they listed to my block list.  Now all of a sudden my phone is blowing up with calls from random numbers.  I block each one as the calls come in and then in frustration they try to call back but are blocked.  I don’t play with that.  It’s very easy to be had these days and schemes and scams advance by the day.  I see it every day at work and that is what makes me so hypersensitive to it.  If I don’t know the number, I don’t answer the phone.  That’s a best practice in my book.  The caller is given an opportunity to leave a voice mail but if they elect not to, then I guess it wasn’t that important after all. 

I have had plenty of time to reflect on the whole brother marriage situation and I think I am just going to leave it alone.  He doesn’t want me to know he is getting married for a reason and I’m not invited for a reason.  No sense in wasting more time on it.  I think I have an ulcer over it, seriously.  I am just going to let it be, it’s probably what is best for me.  This will either blow up in a disaster OR it could be the best thing that ever happened to both of them.  Only time will tell and now that I am viewed as the bad guy I suppose my brother won’t reach out to me until he wants or needs something.  Funny how he was quick to call me when there were problems. 

I did have time to catch up on my regular TV today, even went so far as to take a nap for a short while.  The damn phone kept me from dosing off too long but all I really wanted to do was sleep.  That won’t be an option come tomorrow and if I am busy the thought doesn’t cross my mind.  Things were calm today and I am glad.  However, there are a few things that need my attention tomorrow. 

I hope your Monday was enjoyable and that the rest of the week will be equally as enjoyable.  I am looking forward to a night home with the cats and putting the finishing touches on a couple things, one of which is getting my lunch ready for tomorrow.  Chicken Salad on Wheat, had one today and I have one more left for tomorrow. Very much looking forward to it.  I could go for some egg salad as well but no one seems to make that these days or if they do it’s hard to find. 

Talk with you all again soon!

No comments: