16 December 2018

Sunday

I had an insomnia attack last night.  Grabbed a soda and some chocolate covered pretzels and watched SNL.  By the time the show was over my sugar coma kicked in and I went back to bed.  Gator was all up in my grill to get out of bed at 8a.  I obliged because I had plenty to do today. 

Went to Steak N Shake and saw the usual crowd.  I chat with a few people but it’s all random social conversation.  One of the guys there is older and he is a nice guy.  He gives out silver dollars to kids.  Brings in coupons and gives them to total strangers it’s just the nicest thing ever.  I got a .999% copper coin from him today.  I think he said it’s worth $2 and while it looks to be real US Currency I would have to have it validated by a bank before I tried to turn it in for change.  It’s a nice thing and for now I plan to keep it.  He gave me a silver dollar before and I gave it to my waitress as a tip.  I must have spent 30 minutes in conversation with this guy and a brother/sister couple.  The big topic of conversation was the location of a specific hair salon.  I nudged my way into the conversation and turns out I had the directions they were looking for.  Imagine that! 

Hit up 2 grocery stores.  Bought lottery tickets at 1 and the other got my grocery's.  I am looking for the Stouffer’s Broccoli & Chicken Casserole that I used to buy.  It was awesome and something different to have besides pizza.  I am tired of pizza and wanted to switch things up but neither store had it.  So I wrote to Stouffers and asked them.  I probably won’t get a response until tomorrow.  There is a third grocery chain that is 100% upscale and they have a few stores.  One of which is by my office, I could stop in there but I don’t want to go unless I know for a fact they have it.  The things I will do for food. 

Marv has been so clingy this weekend.  We have spent time on the couch together.  He grabs my hand so I can’t use my phone or get away and he holds on tight.  Then he hunkers down and eventually relaxes his grip as he drifts off into sleep.  Early Saturday morning I got the scare of a lifetime when I woke up.  I saw him on the floor and just by the position he was in and the fact there was no movement in his chest I thought for sure he was dead.  Then he surprised me when I softly spoke his name, he came to life as if to say what do you want, I was sleeping.  Holy Hell!  I enjoy time with my Marvin.  Last night he motioned that he wanted up in bed with me but I wouldn’t bring him up.  I don’t want to risk causing an injury to his back legs.  We have played several games of ball.  I take the sponge ball and kick it towards him and he grabs it and plays with it and eventually will kick it back.  Once I get him in a rhythm it’s hard to break.  I finally scored a goal, which is what I call it when the ball goes past his paws in to the center of his chest.  He really hates that and it doesn’t happen often but when it does he lets me know how unhappy he is.  Silly boy. 

So while I am on the subject of cats.  Last night before bed Gator wasn’t in my room, she was sleeping in the living room.  I figured she didn’t feel good.  When I woke up in the middle of the night a voice spoke to me to tell me that she was gone, she had a heart attack.  I went to the living room and shined a light on her, she meowed at me as if to say what’s wrong with you.  The last time that voice spoke to me, it was over LB and he in fact was gone. 

I really stopped and thought about it and I have had 5 losses in the last 5 years .  It started with my spouse and has spiraled downward.  I guess thinking about that and not wanting to experience any further loss has my subconscious working overtime thinking about death. 

Switching gears to guys.  If you get POP or have Netflix check out Schitt$ Creek.  It’s a very humorous show.  I have a mad crush on the guy that plays Ted.  He is so sexy.  The other guy that I have fallen madly for is the character that plays Avery (Murphy’s son) on Murphy Brown.  Holy hell, he just says daddy all day long.  Hubba, Hubba!  Speaking of guys my porn copy job is 91% complete from when I started it on Friday night.  I have 4 more hours to go and then it will be done.  My poor machine has been working tirelessly all weekend long.  I want to reward it with a reboot but can’t do that until this job is finished.  Yes I have an obsession with porn but it’s my sex life and probably will be until/if I meet a guy. 

As per usual the day has gotten away from me.  I was all on schedule and then a friend of mine called.  We just spoke yesterday but he wanted to yammer on some more.  I was so angry when I saw his name on caller id.  I wanted to say what do you want but that’s not a nice way to answer the phone.  He’s already pissed off at the world, I don’t need to add to his list.  Seriously, this guy is wound so tight, he goes off constantly.  I hate riding with him because he screams at other drivers as if they can hear him.  Nope, they can’t but my ear drums can.  I do grouse at drivers and even sometimes yell but not to the level he does.  Wow, I’m the one with the red hair but he is the true firecracker. 

Time to engage in some Big Bang Theory show watching.  I record all of the repeats so that I have content to watch when there is nothing else on.  As of late that occurs more frequently with lots of series taking time off until the start of the new year.  I wish I could take off until the new year but with a positive overtone.  I don’t need a calamity to happen to cause that to become reality. 

I’m surprised Ms. Momma hasn’t come chasing after me.  It’s about normal time for me to be upstairs and usually she comes down to remind me, ever so gently that it’s time to go.  Well I have a few things to check on before I go so I am going to do that and then climb those stairs and sit with the furry critters until it’s time to call it a day.  Not eager to embark on a new work week.  I have gotten some crappy emails over the weekend and there is plenty of work waiting for me and to think they are going to be adding on more, the horror.  How will I ever survive?  Hey I made it this far, I can go the rest of the way.  Might not be able to keep up but I will certainly do my very best. 

Stay warm, be well and get your holiday shopping done.  Christmas is around the corner.  Then shortly after we can play the same game that we played around Independence Day.  The name of that game is … Is it fireworks or gun shots?  Sounds like fun, I know.  Hope for fireworks, lots of fireworks and no gun shots. 

Be well and we shall talk again soon. 

No comments: