25 December 2018

Fishing on Christmas

Where did all of my time off go to? As per usual I find myself wishing for just one more day.  The cats made me feel guilty today so I didn’t get to spend as much time in front of the computer today as I would have liked to.  I did get to spend quality time with them and saw some interesting TV.  Even took a short nap.  Of course the lunch bell rang so I had to provide for them.

My morning didn’t start off so well I sat in something, it was either a fur ball or something worse.  Either way I had a cover to wash.  This was after I put out breakfast for the little monsters.  I wasn’t happy about it but I sure woke up in a hurry. 

Yesterday’s mission was to find the Cannon camera and the Panasonic Camcorder.  I am pleased to report that I found both and the batteries for each took a charge.  I was able to review memories that had been placed there.  It was neat being able to go back in time.  My main reason for finding the camera is to photograph my mom’s furs so that I can sell them, not only could I use the money it will help get something out of my house.  I do have mixed feelings about selling and don’t plan to sell everything all at once.  I want to move slow and see how things go, then take it from there.  It may very well be summer time before I get around to this but it’s on my list of things to do. 

I got a call from my brother.  We chatted about nothing really.  He told me everything the bitch got him for Christmas and how they were spending the holidays together.  I am so disappointed in him that even after she has moved out he continues to associate with her.  I didn’t say anything about it.  He figured I would have plans today and when I told him I was staying home it was shocked.  Yeah me too.  But honestly thinking about years past and going out, I am much happier that I stayed home.  Sure I missed out on socializing with friends and probably making some memories with them.  However, I have been able to relax and spend time with my furry family.  I was really kind of hoping that he would want to do something or even hang out but I didn’t broach the subject or push.  Part of my reasoning for staying home was to be available for him.  So much for that. 

Just finished watching Love Simon on HBO.  I remember when I saw it in the theatre and it was just as good here at home.  I had some teary eyed moments.  Coming out is not something that you get to do once, you have to repeat the process several times over in your lifetime.  Most each time you have those butterflies of is this going to go well or is this going to go bad.  You just hope for the best and be yourself. 

I broke out the old fishing pole with the cat toy tied on the end of it.  Marvin, Gator and I had some fun.  I’ve been promising him that we would go fishing and I think he understands.  They were both so happy and that just made the day worth it.  Momma doesn’t fish like that and I think she isn’t feeling good.  She is laying around taking it easy.  I stopped medicine since the holidays and I get lazy but I really need to start them up again.  I honestly don’t like giving them medicine because it seems to have negative effects on their stomachs.  I think Ms. Momma is losing weight she is so thin.  I wish I could sprinkle something on all of them to turn back time and give them back their youth and wellness.  Hell I wish I could sprinkle some of that on me as well. 

The other highlight of my day was that Scotty Dynamo like a tweet of mine.  He’s so handsome but so far away in Canada and honestly I don’t think he’d look twice at me but I slobber every time I see him. 

I got to put in an hours worth of work last night and then another 15 to 30 minutes today.  That’s double time and a half so my first check of the new year will be the last hourly check I will get and it should be looking damn fine, just like Scotty Dynamo.  The call was about fraud which sadly most of the calls I get are about.  I am still not 100% clear on where things went wrong, from what I understand right now it sounds like a google search gone bad. 

The work call came after I had been shopping on-line.  I got my credit card suspended because I made so many small purchases, I knew it was going to happen and was prepared for it.  This card stays at $0 and is locked most days of the year.  I got a couple ball caps and some software upgrades that I wanted.  I didn’t need most of what I bought.  I also got my $25 Amazon Gift card spent on a naked man calendar.  I got some eye glass cloths and some Peeps for glasses, it’s a tool that is supposed to help you clean your glasses and do it effortlessly.  We shall see if that holds true.  Just in case I got the cloths to be prepared.  I also got my annual train calendar.  I plan on taking it to work but Cisco is supposed to be sending me a calendar, it normally shots up by now so I had to make alternate plans.  One thing is for sure I won’t have too many calendars.  Now UPS, Amazon and the Post Office will all be busy after Christmas getting me my stuff.  Something to look forward to I suppose. 

I’ve got my 1/2 of casserole left which is dinner tonight.  There are a couple movies I am interested in and I have to make preparations for the morning.  Plus getting to bed at a decent hour.  I will miss my afternoon naps but sadly enough I think work is better for me than loafing around here. 

Regardless of what you did today, I hope that you enjoyed the holiday and those around you.  Some of those people or animals might be irritating as hell but once they are gone, you sure do miss them.  I can’t help but think about poor Ruth and Bear as well as the other animals I lost and my late spouse.  Merry Christmas to one and all.  Goodnight!

No comments: