10 November 2018

The Dog

I am so glad this week is over with.  The week ended on an up note for me.  I found a significant cost savings for my company and that we have been overcharged for years.  I brought this to my bosses attention and asked for his consideration of a bonus for my efforts.  I mean I’m already at no so it can’t hurt.  I have also been two twice this week that my promotion is officially on track to happen January 1.  As we get closer I will get more details.

I woke up early on Saturday as if it were a week day.  My body is just programmed that way and it doesn’t seem to know the weekend are days that I can sleep in.  So I got up, fed the cats.  Watched a movie about the Patent System in America on Amazon Prime and that lulled me back to sleep.  When I woke up a couple hours later I had a soda, some Belvita Biscuits, a banana and a bag of bite size brownies.  Then got my meds, got dressed, futzed with my hair and went to get my hairs cut.  I waited a week longer and was liking the longer hair but my patients to deal with it runs out quickly.  Then I learned that haircuts went up in price and wasn’t terribly happy about that but I had to pay.  Afterwards it was off to Target (finally) to get cat liter and a couple other things.  Then to the post office and finally back home. 

I took it easy for a couple hours even went back to sleep around 3p for a nice little nap.  Then Gator sensed I was awake and the fight was on to wake up.  She has all of the patients in the world to beg, it’s just part of her makeup.  So I gave in and passed out some food.  Then I walked out to fetch some food for myself and to grab some cat food.  That’s when I saw a dog for adoption at the pet food store.  All of the other dogs were barking, he (I presume) made eye contact with me and I waved to him and said hello.  He seemed happy that someone acknowledged him but he never really perked up.  I think inside he thought maybe since I kept looking at him that he would be going home with me.  I couldn’t take it and went to stop and stare at him some more.  I kept saying I want to help but inside I kept hearing a voice that said, don’t do it.  I knew it would be unfair to the kids and it would likely have an adverse outcome so reluctantly I turned away and waved bye.  You probably thought by reading the subject line that I got a dog but that is not the case.  I do feel sorry for the poor thing but I can’t rescue them all, no room, no money and certainly not enough for me to take care of. 

We have had our first snowfall, it was nice in that it didn’t amount to anything.  We had more snow on Friday on the commute home.  It was pretty to drive in and to see it falling but it caused some accidents and delays but I got home safe.  Now if we could just get the motherload of a foot or two to dump on us I’d be happy but only if it was on a weekday.  Maybe I will get my wish and maybe if I get my wish I will wish that I wished for something else.  It sure is cold outside and were not even officially in Winter yet.  But since the days of short sleeves are growing less and less I am reluctantly switching to long sleeves.  The Winter itch has already started on my hands and back, it’s just dry skin but damn it itches like crazy.

So that is about as exciting as it gets here.  Normal average week and weekend thus far.  I like no drama, no trouble.  It’s fun to watch on TV or in the Movies but in real life it’s something that I could take a pass on. 

Not sure if you saw Justin Timberlake on with Jimmy Fallon, it was a week or two ago.  I DVR’d and just watched last night.  It was pretty good, I didn’t laugh outwardly but I was entertained.  Justin was on vocal rest so he couldn’t talk.  Jimmy at one point irritated him and he called him a Motherfucker, not saying it out loud of course but he mouthed the words and that was just funny. 

Okay back to hum drum life and laundry.  Stay warm and be well.  Talk with you all again soon. 

No comments: