Well it’s that time of year again. I enjoyed my usual feast at Maggiano’s with my friends. The Cesar Salad wasn’t the same without the Romain Lettuce but I’d rather not get E.coli. That is nothing to play with. Saw my favorite waiter that I have a crush on. The stuffing wasn’t the same this year, not nearly as much sausage as in years past, it tasted almost like stove top. My friends this year were different. Normally we meet up at their house but this year like last year we met up at the restaurant. Last year their dog had a stroke and that’s why they didn’t want to meet up at their house. This year I have no idea why. Honestly I’m kind of ready to bring the tradition to an end. I’d just as soon go off and find something on my own, I guess this year it just lost it’s luster. I sense something is different with my friends but I have no idea what it is. Maybe it’s just me. They also usually pass out an invitation for Christmas Dinner at their house but I didn’t get that yet. I’m sure it will come to pass but time will only tell.
My other friend that is losing his job in January is now talking about moving to be closer to his sister. She’s got 2 houses and they are both paid for. Yes she is well off. I mean anyone that I have ever spoken with that owns 2 houses and one isn’t for sale has been well to do. I hope he doesn’t move because if it wasn’t for him, there wouldn’t be anyone to get together with.
I was all excited for the time off but honestly it’s just been an emotional mess for me to deal with. I miss my Ruth and her loss is oddly still fresh in my mind. I also miss the way things have been in years past when I had something to look forward to. Maybe this is me wallowing in self pity but I really don’t feel like there is anything to look forward to. If not for taking care of my cats there really wouldn’t be any reason for me to stick around here on earth. I am very thankful that I have them, even if they do cost me money and work, they are worthwhile investments or so I think.
The weather here warmed up into the 60’s so no coat required for Thanksgiving which was nice. I only got Turkey & Dressing to take home. The selfish bastards that paid the bill kept the bulk of the food for themselves. Not sure why but whatever. It’s not like a lonely single guy who eats out of cardboard boxes would appreciate it. I stayed home for Black Friday. It was nice to just eat a little bit of snack crackers, consume soda and watch TV. Then when I got tired I would go back to bed. Then wake up and do it all over again.
My porn collection is growing and I’m running out of hard drive space. So I was in the process of compressing the drive I use. Thankfully it finished so I had something to mess with last night. I tried to zip up some of the files to reclaim space but that is kind of a lost cause. I honestly need a larger hard drive. Problem is I have no money for that right now. There is a really nice deal on Amazon for an 8TB drive for like $120, that would last a very long time for me. However, I said the same thing when I moved in to the current 4TB drive that I am using. For now I am just going to be more particular on what I keep. If I had a nice source for archiving I could just retire the files but that isn’t an option.
I had sent off for my medical records from the ER visit I had back in September. My insurance company needs them in order to reconsider the claims. Well I learned the hospital won’t fax them, so I had to complete new paperwork to have them mailed. While I was at it, I voiced my frustrations for this whole ball of wax to the president of the hospital in a letter. Maybe just maybe this will be what sparks change and gets this whole thing resolved. I just know that I don’t want to be responsible for this very large bill that I surely can’t afford.
I got a collection call from my eye doctor, before they got my letter in the mail. I want to know where this mystery $33 balance came from before I surrender any money. I am kind of ticked at them for sending me a bill months after the fact. I am also tired of surprise bills between them and the hospital it’s enough to lose your mind.
Not to mention I still have my excess pto balance that work is going to deal with. My guess is they will take it out of my last check but maybe I will get lucky and they will just take it out of my balance for next year. I get 5 weeks as of Jan 1. Since were entering the month of December I should also be hearing more about this promotion that is supposed to come to pass. I sure hope I get a decent amount of money because right now I am sinking like a rock. Paying bills later on next week will be a challenge and looks like I will be dipping into my savings, not what I want to do but in the long run it will be a smart move. If I would take advantage of skipping my car payment that wouldn’t be necessary but if I skip my car payment even though the credit union will allow it for a fee, it could screw up my GAP coverage if I were to need it.
I did finally finish obsessing over my holiday letter and mailed it on my way to Thanksgiving dinner. So some people should have it by now and others well it will take a bit to make it’s way but know that it’s on the way. Of course sitting at dinner I thought of all of the things I should have said but didn’t. For 2019 I am going to try to keep a highlight record of what happened in each month. That will make writing next years letter much easier. I was able to put in a personal note to everyone, which was enjoyable.
Today our warm weather continued! I went out for Mexican food and a short drive. It was really nice to get away. Glad I am back home and hard to believe tomorrow is Sunday but at least I will go back to my routines, however exhausting and depressing they are. I will also be on-call for a week on Monday. Then just 2 more times this year and were done. I started making the schedule for next year but last year I volunteered myself, this year my boss is either going to ask me or it’s all going to fall apart. I am starting to keep my mouth shut and just let things play out either for good or for bad. Sometimes that is the best thing to do.
So now my big debate is to go clean the carpets or save that for another day. Not sure what I want to do there. I would like to relax a bit more but I keep thinking how nice things would look if I just threw in some effort. Problem is I honestly don’t care. It shows in how the house is and how the yard is as well. As long as this place doesn’t fall in on top of me or it’s not a major emergency it’s probably not going to get done. I started with enthusiasm but time and depression have gotten the best of me.
With it being a holiday weekend there isn’t terribly much on TV. I have exhausted my backlog archive of The Big Bang Theory but there is more that is set to record tomorrow. Meanwhile I have to result to Live TV or NetFlix/Amazon. I’m kind of picky when it comes to my viewing pleasure. I have seen a couple of good movies though.
I suppose that’s enough jabbering for this post. I’m going to stick a fork into it and call it done. I hope that your doing well. As per usual, we shall talk again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment