If you like real life drama crime type movies/series then you should check out The Staircase, which is on Netflix. I watched Episode 1 and was hooked. I kept wanting more and more. It took a serious chunk out of my weekend but I got through the whole series. It’s a rollercoaster ride.
I find myself not knowing what to believe after watching it. I’m not sure of guilty or innocence. I can tell you that the trial in my opinion was not fair. There was a lot of evidence that was admitted that should not have been. When your on trial only evidence that relates to the actual crime its self should be allowed. There were a lot of fuck ups with the evidence that was allowed but it all comes out a day late and a dollar short.
Much like a sitting US President, if you watch the person on trial through out the series you will see how it ages him and takes a toll on his health. Spoiler Alert, I kept thinking they were going to say he passed away but he didn’t.
This series much like the critically acclaimed Making A Murder series show you how fucked our Justice System is here in the US. If someone within the system has it in for you and thinks your guilty they can make your life a living hell and you can spend time behind bars for a crime or crimes that you didn’t commit. Not to mention the mounting legal expenses, you can easily be driven into poverty. Scary but true.
Nevertheless it was a compelling and very entertaining series and I highly recommend it to anyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment