13 June 2018

Routine

I enjoy routines they help keep me on track and if all goes well I won’t forget anything.  That said I am tired of the daily routine of work.  It hits me once and a while, most often when I am bored out of my mind.  It’s been non stop for the past couple months but lately I have time on my hands.  How much time are we talking about?  I spent 2 hours organizing email today.  At the moment most of my work takes place in the morning and by the afternoon I am ready for a nap.  It’s been like this for days.  My boss told me to take a hands off approach to things because he wants Mr. Stupid to get more practice.  Fuck it’s been a year if he doesn’t get it by now he’s fucked and so are we.  While I hate the thought of someone losing their job and the same thought of having to start over, I would rather rip the band-aid off and get it done.  Mr. Stupid represented himself as experienced but he barley knows his way around a computer, so I don’t feel terribly sorry for him.  We all know it’s coming but I guess they have to dot the I’s and cross the T’s before they pull the trigger and kick his ass to the curb. 

We had a team meeting today and things got boring so I fell asleep but I didn’t miss anything important.  The boss and one of my colleagues were on the same subject for 30 minutes – back and forth. 

Good news is that I lucked out and I’m not on-call next week.  I agreed to a shift change so that I can be on-call when my boss is on vacation so Mr. Stupid doesn’t fuck things up.  Consequently, Mr. Stupid has to pull 2 weeks of on-call, which I’ll admit is rough but we have all done it before. 

My crabby co-worker is leaving the country for 2 almost 3 weeks, so it will be a nice break to be away from him. 

On a different note, I got my eye exam scheduled and the day before that I get to have the 2nd oil change on my vehicle.  The manufacturer says to change it when it gets to 10% or below.  I’m at 25% and I’m losing 1% per day, so it should be close.  Last oil change was in January so 6 months isn’t bad.  I’m sure this won’t be cheap but if it’s a twice a year event that is not bad at all.  As for my eyes I want new glasses but I don’t want to obsess like I do.  I hope that I can find something easy and not take all damn day so that I can get other things done.  This all happens next week and I get 1 day off extra so a 3 day weekend!  That will be a nice break but not long enough. 

This year, later next month will mark 4 years at the same place.  It feels like I walked in the door yesterday.  5 years usually brings me trouble at any job and it’s the longest that I have ever worked for any given employer.  I hope that this time around it’s different and that things continue to go well when I get to the 5 year mark and beyond.  I really want this to be the last job that I have but I don’t know if I will be that fortunate. 

On to my 4 legged furry friends.  Everyone is doing okay for the most part.  Marv still worries me but we spend time together.  We have a routine that we go through and that involves time on the couch and time in my room.  He still won’t sleep with me if I close the door but I understand.  It hurts a little but I get over it about the time my head hits the pillow.  I still miss Big Boy and I have second guessed myself beyond what I should.  I still wonder if I made the right call but everyone tells me you did.  Comforting as that is I still have to live with my decision and that is difficult  Speaking of the children they will all have birthdays next week.  Guess I’ll have to go get them a Tuna cake.  Father’s day is this weekend and I’m sure they will get me the same thing they have for the past several years … it’s either nothing or a fur ball.  I’d sooner opt for nothing. 

Well time to tangle with the trash, find something to watch for a little bit before I have to make my lunch, pass out medicine and shuffle off to bed.  Thursday will eventually be calling but I so wish it was Friday. 

Hope your all staying cool and doing well.  It’s not officially summer yet but based on the weather it might as well be.  2018 1/2 way over already.  6 more months and this year will be done, just like this post is.  Talk with you all again soon. 

No comments: