It’s Father’s Day weekend. That means it’s homecoming around here and as per usual it’s the hottest time of the year. Scary because were not officially into Summer, things can always get hotter. My grass was cut on Thursday and my lawn is not in the process of dying from being cut too short.
Friday was a difficult day. My boss got bad news about his father and had to fly home to see him. Things don’t sound good. He says he will be back in the office by Tuesday but I am not so sure about that. That means that I get to baby sit stupid. He has already called me once this weekend about how to deal with something. He doesn’t take time to read and look things over to make an intelligent informed decision. He just looks to me for the answer, tell me please tell me how to do my job.
We got word that one of our offices is closing and has been sold off to another firm. It’s the way the cookie crumbles. That means there will be some work for me with about 10 or 11 departures. Stupid has actually been able to process those pretty well, which is kind of a surprise. He skips some of the tracking spreadsheets but that is okay by me because when he does work with them it’s always fucked up. I’m okay with tracking and hope that he continues to do well but since he can’t be trusted I still have to double check every damn thing which is frustrating. He’s been there an entire year. If he doesn’t have it down by now he will never get it but for some unknown reason to me they are giving him chance after chance after chance. Oh Vey!
So I had Pizza for supper on Friday night, made it here in the oven. Ate the whole damn thing in 1 sitting. Watched Part 2 of The Ranch, a series on Netflix. It’s got Ashton Kutcher in it, he’s hot in my book even if he is straight.
Saturday I spent pretty much at home for the bulk of the day. I got out to get my weeks worth of mail and cat food. Then went on to Maggiano’s to meet up with a friend. Lots of hot guys there so that was a perk. On the way home I locked eyes with a fat dude on a motorcycle and he started reaching for what I was pretty sure was a gun. That was a little scary but I never saw a gun and I made sure we got separated quickly. He kept up with me for a while but when I hit the hammer harder my Twin Turbos were no match for his souped up lawn mower on wheels.
Sunday I did my usual breakfast, grocery run. Stopped for gas. My oh my my money spent fast. I’m lower than I want to be but I think I can cover myself for another week then were back to another pay day. That check will look really nice with all of my overtime. Which reminds me I have to go check on something or should I say someone at work. Finishing up laundry and plan to stay cool, shave and have a nice freshly made Burrito for supper. Then some ice cream.
I spent a lot of time with Marv this weekend. He wanted in my bed but doesn’t want to jump. Same thing goes for the couch. He can get down but doesn’t want to get up. He’s always been a jumper, in fact I made his middle initial a J because that is all he did when he was growing up. Like springs and it was obsessive. I just hope he hasn’t hurt himself. He is due for some blood work but I am putting it off because I am still paying off the funeral for his brother. Money, time and good food are 3 things I can’t seem to get enough of.
I hope that all is going well for you. Thanks for stopping by and checking in to see what I've been up to. Now it’s off to work virtually and then back to surf the web. Have a great week ahead. I’m thankful only 4 days in my work week.
No comments:
Post a Comment