18 March 2018

Knotty not naughty

Another week has come to a close.  I have had time to rest for a couple days and it’s been enjoyable.  While I would like a couple more additional days it’s probably better for me to return to work.  Ugh, the dreaded Monday.  I don’t have a lot going on but my boss will be back from vacation.  Things are so much more quieter and were all more productive, guess that goes unnoticed. 

My back has been killing me.  I got a massage on Monday after spending last weekend on a heating pad and muscle relaxers.  It helped but I needed more.  Wednesday I called in and went back to muscle relaxers and the heating pad.  Thursday I got another massage and that finally did the trick and got rid of most of the knots in my back.  I should be going back this Thursday to keep things at bay but money is a little tight right now.  It kind of depends upon how much pain I am in.  I’ve thought about buying a gaming chair for work but not sure if that would do the trick. 

I am still dealing with my screw up co-worker.  I am religious about documenting what takes place and sending emails to the boss.  I also forward all of that stuff home, you know for insurance purposes.  I am way beyond my breaking point but some how manage to calm myself down and press on, repressing my anger and contempt.  At this point I don’t care if we switch titles or if he just gets shown the door.  I am going to plant the seed about switching titles, but not sure if it will mature into anything.  My personal preference is to get him out and bring in someone fresh.  Start over and hope for different and better results.  However, I am not in charge and that is also a bit frustrating to me.  I can admit that I like control, I think it’s a natural human thing.  We all want it but there can only be one person in charge. 

No word from my brother.  I presume him and his girlfriend are still toughing it out and tolerating each other.  I am kind of waiting for the next phone call.  I know he cares for her in some small fashion but she is more toxic than cigarettes.  They really need to part ways.  That’s not just because I think she is an over grown cow, but because she goes off at random about the smallest thing and then it become a major big deal quickly.  She doesn’t let things go.  I hope that eventually he will come to his senses before any real damage is done.  I can appreciate not wanting to be alone but she is clearly mooching off of him and so are her kids.  They all live under his roof and he pays the bills, the contribute nothing.  I wouldn’t allow that to happen but him and I are two totally different people. 

Considering Spring happens on Tuesday I am faced with once again the battle with the ants.  I have pretty well sealed up all of there known entry points.  However, they are still coming in and I can’t figure out from where.  They really love my bathtub for some reason.  I kill a bunch of them and an hour later there are more.  I’ve sprayed until I am blue in the face, until I know the point of entry I am fighting a loosing battle.  I have to be careful about how I deal with them so as to not poison my cats.  Marv was crying tonight because he saw some around the water dish.  There have also been a few of them on the table.  I did some research and there are 2 different kinds of ants one is attracted by food and the other is a carpenter ant, which chews through wood.  I am sure in past times I have had both but right now I am confused as to what I have.  I just want them to go away and eventually they will, it just won’t be soon enough for me. 

I am having a lot of anxiety over my lawn care.  I sent out a contract to the guy I have been using for a couple years.  He’s not that timely to respond.  Normally he reaches out to me but this year I found myself reaching out to him.  I kind of think that were done but he just doesn’t know how to break it to me.  He’s probably hoping I will go away and if that’s the case he’s will get his wish.  I sent an email to him and am giving him a little bit more time, if I don’t get a response then I will engage someone else.  Of course about the time that I do that is when he will be getting back with me.  I think he’s pissed over the fact that he got screwed out of money because he chose to mow my lawn for the longest time last year every week.  I only paid for bi-weekly service because that is what the contract is for.  He read the contract and by George it was news to him.  Never mind that our arrangement has always been bi-weekly.  I cringe at the thought of having to hire someone else.  Lawn Boy was at least dependable for the most part and there was mostly a clear line of communication, that is until he decided to go on vacation and not tell me.  I kind of miss him but at the same time I don’t.  If I have to find someone new I will move forward and not backwards. 

Charlie Puth has a new song out and it’s pretty good.  It’s called Done For Me (featuring Kehlani).  I’ve been listening to it a little bit.  I also did subscribe to Spotify.  I was able to listen to a lot of songs that I haven’t heard in years.  I only got charged the $9.99 for the service, there was no tax.  I have also kept my Pandora membership.  I like the radio on Pandora better than Spotify.  Spotify is more for listening to specific artists.  I don’t mess with the whole play list thing.  That is just messy.  I don’t go looking for them or share anything that I listen to with anyone on the app.  So for driving I like a wide variety that is up beat.  I am not a slow tempo kind of a guy.  For work I like smooth jazz – it’s got to be all instrumental I don’t like singing.  I’ve tried Rock and Pop at work and it makes me nervous.  It’s enjoyable at first but eventually I find myself going back to smooth jazz.  I am just as surprised as you are but it is what it is.  Music is a very big part of my life and has been for years.  Rock, Pop, Classical, New Age, EDM, Trance, House, Electro and even some Country.  Music evokes so much emotion and can change your mood for good or for bad. 

I did sleep most of Saturday away and the kids were on me to get moving but I ignored them as well as my inner emotion for the most part.  It a nice escape to sleep.  Yes, part of this is depression.  The other part of it is feeling exhausted and trying to gain some energy.  I did eventually get moving to get the kids food and to grab some soda for myself.  I get a case of Coke Zero from Sam’s Club and it’s all shrink wrapped.  I like that because I can take a pair of scissors and trace around the outside and the plastic comes off easily.  Well yesterday I wasn’t so careful and punctured one can.  That was a huge mess and I cleaned it up promptly.  No sense in making the ant issue any worse than it already is.  I get a case of food for Ruth and open it the same way.  It’s not exclusive to her but she does consume most of it.  We have always referred to it as “Special Food”.  Everyone likes it and they all know what I am referring to when I saw Special Food. 

Today was my trip to the store.  I stopped for breakfast and saw the cute guy that I asked out who rejected me.  Seeing him is bitter sweet.  I like looking at his body and seeing how he interacts with people.  However, the bad part is that I keep in mind he rejected me.  I want to ask him so bad, so when is school over with.  However, I fear that I may get a worse answer so I have been holding off on asking.  Looks like he got into a fender bender, I parked next to him today on purpose.  His car isn’t the neatest.  So I have my doubts if we would have clicked but that doesn’t mean that I have completely given up.  However, I think for my own psychological well being it’s probably best if I didn’t see him at all.  We caught each others eyes a couple times and he didn’t even acknowledge me.  I would have at least expected a friendly hello but I got nothing.  That hurts as well. 

Since were talking about guys, I keep telling myself that I will never find someone on a dating app but I am still using one.  I enjoy seeing who is out there.  It’s just a complete crap shoot when it comes to dating.  My odds at gambling aren’t great and dating is a lot like that for me.  So I don’t have high hopes.  I’m starting to think that I will die alone.  So long as I have my health I am fine but the second that goes I am t-totally fucked and not in a good way.  I still have aspirations of moving but that is all they are at this point.  It’s impractical to entertain those thoughts given my animal kingdom. 

I finally sold all of my Southwest Airlines Gift Cards.  I did take a hit in that I wasn’t able to move them at face value but it was only $78, which all things considered isn’t terrible.  I will get the last of my money this week.  It goes straight into savings.  I’m getting ready to pay off a credit card before interest starts accruing and my special zero percent rate runs out.  That will be a serious hit to my savings.  If I didn’t have the debt and had the same amount in the bank I would be pretty happy.  I will at least get a couple more $ in interest before I have to dip into it. 

Long story short, everything is pretty much the same.  No major issues at this time be it good or bad.  I would say I am coasting and the longer I can coast the better.  I’m so ready for a bunch of good to happen, then again I have been ready and hoping for that for quite sometime now.  Here’s hoping the rest of the year has a lot of good in store for all of us.  Good times, Good Food and Good friends. 

Best wishes for the week ahead.  Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments: