15 June 2023

Calmness

Hello again!  I hope all is well.  I made it back to work (aka the basement).  There was a little bit of catchup to do this morning.  It was a productive morning and I went from 7:30a to 10:30a in what felt like the blink of an eye. 

I took my Orange Break at 10:30a and that let to a nap, which bled over into lunch.  I didn’t come back until 2p but there honestly isn’t much going on right now.  The bulk of my work will be done at 5p when I process a bunch of people getting promoted.  I see this all the time but if you talk with my boss he will tell you that promotions only happen at the start and middle of the year, but I know that is complete BS.  Anyway, I’ve got everything staged so I am ready to go.  Until then it’s just a matter of passing time, which will make for a long day. 

Tomorrow is much worse because there is literally nothing on my calendar other than lunch and my morning tasks.  Plus it’s a Friday before a holiday weekend so lots of people will either take the day to extend their weekend or just generally goof off and I don’t expect it will be a busy day.  I could be wrong but were in the middle of the year and I think everyone is ready for a break.  I’ve got something that will keep me busy for a little bit but I suspect I will be spending more off time with Morea & Rudy and there will probably be another nap time. 

Rudy had me up at 6a this morning.  He was resting on top of me.  I rolled over but braced him so he could come along for the ride.  He settled back down quickly.  Eventually I needed to flip the other way and that is when he just went up by my head and curled up.  When I was ready to get up he was on top of me and trying to wash my face.  I let him get in a couple licks but I didn’t want one of his famous lick baths.  I passed out breakfast and he was extra hungry this morning, he left a small amount for his sister and she gobbled that up.  They both were asking for food when I took my orange break, so I made that their lunch.  It’s kind of funny if I decide to skip a meal then they won’t want food but if I am in the kitchen and working on getting something to eat, they have to have food.  BTW my headache is all gone today, so thankful for that.  I hate headaches! 

Speaking of which thus far (fingers still crossed) no messes to clean up, the new food seems to be working.  I brushed both of them last night.  Their coats are thinning out and they seem to be shedding less.  I love the looks on their faces, it looks like sheer bliss and enjoyment as I run the brush over their back.  You can just tell they are soaking it all up.  It makes me happy that I can make them happy.  Both of them wanted to play last night, they entertain themselves, we don’t have much play time together that doesn’t involve them play biting me, which I hate.  It’s cute at first but they want to chomp on me like I am a piece of steak and that’s where I object.  It takes me back to raising Momma’s Family and how the boys would want to play all the time and then they got in this chewing phase where they wanted to nibble on my arm.  Ah, the memories. 

Just about time to wrangle up the trash and get it all out to the curb for tomorrow’s pickup.  I heard a truck this morning and thought for sure I got the days of the week mixed up.  When your home a lot the days tend to blend together and it’s easy to forget what day of the week it is.  Sometimes, I have to look at my phone or ask my smart speaker for the day of the week just to make sure I am on the right day. 

As for the weekend I am thinking of a nice drive to the buffet.  I haven’t been there in probably 1 1/2 years.  I went during COVID when it was safe but the quality had changed.  Nothing tasted the greatest.  Now that the world is back to normal I am hoping that if I make this trip it’s not for nothing and that I actually get to enjoy my food.  Seeing some nice eye candy would be a bonus but I go for the drive and the food.  The older I get the more the drive wears on me.  Depending on traffic it can be anywhere from 1 and a half to 2 hours one way.  Yeah, that’s a long way to travel for a bite to eat but the prices are cheap, especially if you go for lunch instead of supper.  I imagine a lot of the scenery has changed with time.  This is a trip me and my late spouse used to make and it was mostly enjoyable except for the few times we each over did it when eating.  You can leave quite miserable if your not careful and don’t know your limits.  If I do go it will also be a nice little workout for the vehicle. 

Speaking of which no word on my gas lift yet.  I would for sure think it had come in by now.  I am guessing my friends are waiting for me to come out on Saturday but unless I get a text, there really isn’t a reason to go out there.  I am in my head but I think taking a break is probably a good thing.  I don’t want to wear out my welcome.

That’s about it for now.  Hang in there one more day and we will be at the weekend.  The holiday I spoke of earlier is Juneteenth Day.  We used to close early on that day but since it has become a Federal Holiday in the US we are closed that day.  It took away one of our floating holidays but that’s okay by me.  I’ve got plenty of vacation time and I can make a holiday when I want or need.  The year is 1/2 over and the second half will probably go faster than the first half.  Talk with you all again soon, take care.

No comments: