Yesterday I woke up after getting a full nights sleep and felt great. Lots of energy and it was a pretty good day. We had the first wave of our winter event so I had no plans to get out. I did get the house cleaned a bit and got the laundry sorted out. I still have plenty more things to wash and hopefully I will get through that soon. The insurance company that coordinates FMLA leave bothered me saying they needed paperwork from my doctor. I didn’t read their email quite right on my phone but when I got in front of my computer it all came together and my blood pressure shot up. I already gave them this information earlier in the month. I sent it again for the 4th time. I got smart and copied a bar code they put on their form and put that on the first page of what I sent. As soon as the fax was done I got an email confirmation they received some paperwork on my “claim”.
Today I woke up and our second wave was moving in so no plans to do anything but get the trash out. I did attend the meeting at work via my home phone. While I anticipated something bad, thankfully nothing happened. We made money last year but I already knew that. Things look good for this year. There are hopes to ease our masking policy soon and in the second quarter they hope to hold that meeting in person instead of remotely. No change to our present in the office policy, which is presently at 3 days per week. I do plan to be back in the office but I don’t know if I will start out with 3 days per week, kind of depends on the direction I get from my boss and what his expectations are.
I heard back from the insurance company on FMLA and they approved my leave. No need to bother the doctors office. However, I will need to get a note that releases me to go back to work when my leave expires.
I made a software purchase of a product called MO Backup. It’s software that is designed to backup your Outlook. You can automate the process so you don’t have to think about it. It was under $30 and I figured for that price it was perfect. I’ve had a similar product in the past but navigated away from this because I thought my on-line computer backup provider was backing up those files. When I got bit last year it really hurt. Now that I know and have this additional protection in place there shouldn’t be any further issues. PST (the outlook backup format) files are notorious for getting corrupted and unless your careful when you create the PST you can easily get lost as to what email is where. The product I purchase does a complete backup of Outlook including any PST files.
I watched parts of the preliminary hearing of the parents of the Michigan school shooter from November. I watched part of the kids preliminary hearing that was on a couple days ago. Those parents did a horrible job and I can’t believe their attorneys again made a request for bail, which was denied. The kid asked where his mail was he wanted to know where his hate and fan mail was. He gets access to a tablet to correspond with others, which I think is unusual. Normally when your in jail all your access to the outside world is cut off, unless its by US Mail, Telephone or someone comes to visit you. The kid made a huge fuck up and took several individuals lives as well as caused injuries to others. He changed lots of peoples (including his own) futures forever. I don’t know if it’s possible to rehabilitate him but I also don’t think that he will be roaming amongst society any time soon, that of course is pure speculation on my part. We have to let the justice system play out as all are entitled to a trial.
I need to push the trash out and of course there is snow and mostly ice so I will be walking on the grass. I waited until later in the evening and now it’s close to bedtime. Gator will be crying out soon, she needs her medicine, food and then I need to brush my teeth and get ready to turn in for the night. I likely won’t fall asleep until after midnight.
My hope for tomorrow is to get a shower, get out for some groceries and maybe a bite to eat. Then if my energy level permits I’d like to continue to play catchup on my laundry. Not exactly exciting events but these are tasks that aren’t going anywhere and if I don’t do them, no one else will. Oh the MADEA movie should be out tomorrow along with 2 more episodes of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. At least there is some entertainment to look forward to. Not exactly happy with Netflix because their prices went up again but I think that is a trend that will continue to happen amongst all subscription based services, look at Prime, Amazon raised their fee as well. Here’s hoping that I get a nice pay raise when they are passed out this summer.
Hope your all staying warm and doing well. I will talk with you all again soon. Be well!
No comments:
Post a Comment