Today just doesn’t feel quite like a Sunday to me. I’m also very board. Last night I downloaded Hinge. It’s the dating app that is meant to be deleted. I’ve also deleted it but I did give it a spin. Like all other dating apps, they want money for extra features. They require 6 photos of you to create a profile. There are built in captions that you can tag your photos with to be witty. There is plenty of room to expound and tell people about you but the questions are generic and you don’t really feel like you’re creating what traditionally is known as a profile. You have to either use location services or scroll on a map for your area. You can specify an age range and if that is a deal breaker. I set mine for 27-50 but I still got guys as young as 18. Interesting to see what was out there but I honestly didn’t give it much of a chance. I found a couple of semi-cute guys that I was interested in but I started thinking about all of the particulars with a relationship and dating in general, it was enough to sour me and that’s when I jumped ship.
I would like a guy to curl up with (snuggle & sex as well eventually) and talk with. I think I am more in the market for a really good friend that could develop into something more. Plus, in my mind were not out of the woods yet with the pandemic. I think about just radically changing everything in my life from location (home), vehicle and work as well. It would for sure shake thing up but I know that is not practical and that should I fall on my ass there would be no one or nothing to catch me. Life in general is comfortable now, I just need way more friends and I’ve known that for a very long time.
Shifting gears, all of my chores with the exception of putting the laundry away is done. Gator surprised me I vacuumed up stairs and was really hot & sweaty so I took a break and got some ice-cold water to help cool down. I eventually was ready for a nap. I pushed myself and opted to finish vacuuming downstairs. I had just finished my office when I turned around and there she was. She doesn’t normally come downstairs. Even now as I type this, she is crying upstairs wanting me to come back to her. I kind of wish she would get a little more comfortable with the basement. For one thing it’s cooler down here in the summer and it’s a nice change of pace for me, plus I’ve got 2 monitors and a much better seating situation.
Anyway, once I was done, I pushed myself to go get something to eat. I wasn’t hungry but know that I have to eat. I decided to try a new Mexican place and man it was horrible. One guy is the waiter, bartender and cashier. He was up to his eyeballs with people to take care of. I had a short wait before he noticed me and sat me. Then I looked over the menu and was paralyzed once again by choice. They must have satellite radio because it was on a Spanish station and every word spoken, sung or a commercial was all in Spanish. It was annoying because they were blasting it. It did help to set the mood but beyond that it was annoying to me. The food just didn’t taste right. I ate it with the hopes that it stays down. I feel fine right now but once I was finished, I had a slight touch of nausea that faded. Hey I’ve wanted to try this place and now I can say that I did. I have no plans to go back. Plenty of other good Mexican restaurants in the area.
The weather today was all sunshine but rain is in the forecast. It changed just as I left to grab dinner. I should have hit up the home improvement store to grab a paint scraper so that I can tackle my next fun project of painting. It’s pretty clear to me that the lawn guy isn’t interested in that job. I should have also worked on the gutters in the back and trim away some ivy. It’s not as if the work is going anywhere, I will get to it eventually. Speaking of the lawn guy, I finally got a bill from him. I wasn’t terribly pleased that he waited so long because the bill was large and even though we talked about weekly service, he chose to put me on a bi-weekly service but it costs $5 more. It’s not the end of the world and I wanted bi-weekly when I went into it. There were one or two cuts that he didn’t charge me for at all when they did weekly service for a short time and I figure it all balances out. I just hope that he sends a bill much sooner next time. I’m used to paying by the month and not for a couple months at a time.
Today was one of those days where I could and probably should have just gone for a long drive, it was in my original plans but I scrapped them. Gas prices around here are back to sky high, $3 plus per gallon. Remember this time last year the prices were so low. Guess that is when we all should have stocked up but every one was shuttered in their home trying to stay away from the virus. What a world it’s been one yell of a year and a half, nothing that I would have thought I’d see in my lifetime.
Surfing the net, I randomly found a nice photo of a guy showing off his rear but fully clothed and I thought I would share with you (see below). I hope you enjoy it. Something about a guy’s rear end just drives me wild. Take care and we will talk again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment