As you can probably tell I managed to fix my scanner issue. Turns out it was my new router that I got. I had to turn off a feature called Filter Multicast. As soon as I turned this off the printer saw my computer and permitted me to scan to it. Multicast helps avoid wireless collisions when you have multiple streams open. That won’t be the case on my network, because I am one person and can only stream one thing at a time.
The benefit of higher multicast rate is to lower the amount of wireless collisions that your wifi data may have. The biggest effect is seen only when you run multiple media streaming devices or services at the same time. First off, the best setting for multicast rate for your router is usually the lowest amount.
Gator isn’t terribly happy with me right now because I left her. We were all comfy cozy on the couch and I got bored and thought about this. The router clicked that is the only thing that has really changed. While I am glad that I solved it, I am frustrated at all of the time I wasted on this. But at least it’s behind me now.
On to something a bit more serious for a moment. I am wondering if there isn’t something seriously wrong with me. I don’t have a strong appetite, I can pack away breakfast but really don’t want to eat lunch. I force myself to eat supper. My blood sugar doesn’t bottom out if I skip a meal, which it should. The idea of eating lunch is kind of stomach turning. I nibble on some licorice or some gummy bears. I think I am losing weight as I can cross my legs without much effort and before it was next to impossible. I want to lose weight so that is kind of an incentive to follow my body as a guide. I don’t get hungry but once and a while. If I ate when I was hungry it might be a couple days. When I was in my 30’s hunger pains as I knew them stopped but on rare occasions. Maybe it’s just all situational awareness depression (SAD) but I also think that maybe something is wrong with me. I remarked to the doc the last time I was in that I recently started loosing my desire to eat lunch and he didn’t seem overly concerned about it. I’ve been eating sugar cereal for breakfast, which I know is bad for me and I don’t just have one bowl. I’ve made the choice to go back to Oatmeal in the hopes that it will for sure help my blood sugar but it may also cause my body to crave lunch because I will be less full. Only time will tell.
I don’t remember what I was watching, probably an episode of Shameless but I heard that when choosing a safe word the word harder is probably not a good choice. I thought of a bunch of other no so good safe words as well. I am sure that your mind is probably start to form some of them as well. I just thought it was really funny.
Now that the vehicle is fixed and the shot bs is over with, I still need to scrape & paint the trim around the garage and clean out the gutters. I’ve also got to get the car inspected but I plan on knocking that one out next weekend. There the small matter of renewing my drivers license but I have a few months before that creeps upon me and plan to knock it out over the summer, I know I will get a reminder in the mail so it’s probably impossible to forget but don’t put it past me because I could forget my head if it wasn’t attached. Kind of depends what is on my mind, if I am super stressed then I get tunnel vision and forget about everything else.
For the painting job I need to either find the paint scraper we have here or go buy one and it’s probably easier to buy one than look around here. For the gutter cleaning job I bought an attachment for the leaf blower but have yet to take it out of the box. If this works like I think it should I can stay off the damn ladder and that is a huge win for me. If it doesn’t work then I threw my money away and will have to climb. I did reach out to a local vendor for their help for this task but they never called me back and I’m not going to beg. I would also like to clean off my deck and power wash the drive way. Those are lofty goals and I don’t want to bite off more than I can chew. I suppose if I get bored enough I may do anything to occupy my mind. I am just not a fan of manual labor and not a fan of the outdoors.
Guess I should get back to the crying baby, plus I also need to get a shower. That really upsets her when I jump in the shower. I am not sure if she thinks I will wash down the drain or if she just can’t stand to be away from me. She is always happy to see me when I get out but the only way I can escape her wrath is if she is passed out cold and that doesn’t happen until the middle of the day. She does a lot of sleeping during the day, but like me she has her routines.
Have a great week. I hope that things aren’t too rocky for me but I know it’s going to be a busy week with fleeting moments of stress. On the bright side I am pretty much back to feeling normal after my second shot. I will still hate Monday morning but it’s the nature of the beast. Take care and we will talk again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment