19 April 2021

Day of hell

I woke up early, ate breakfast and got ready to go out in the cold weather to drop off my vehicle.  I got to the body shop in plenty of time and since the rental car company forgot me (despite my reservation and the fact they made me tell them where to pick me up at) I had to wait an hour.  Then I got to the rental office and had to wait 10 minutes for them to sanitize a car.  Uh I made a reservation and you sent a guy to pick me up, what did you think was going to happen when I showed up, that I would order a hamburger?  Jesus talk about having your head in your ass. 

The fun part was when they told me that I would have to pay tax on the rental car since it’s my insurance.  I just threw a minor fit and sent a note to the claims adjuster.  Presto I got a call telling me the taxes were taken care of. 

The beauty of having to wait in the rental office did let me spy some eye candy and I was looking him up and down.  I am surprised he didn’t melt with all of the heat radiating from my eyes.  That was the only good thing that happened. 

They have me in a Toyota and I am not thrilled with it but it appears to have some pep.  Looks like my car should be ready by Saturday if all goes well.  I am probably going to reschedule my 2nd shot to be safe.  I don’t want to be rushed, that’s how accidents happen.  I can’t wait to get my baby back with fresh new rubber and all fixed up.  Meanwhile my plans are to stay put because I hate driving rental vehicles unless it’s absolutely necessary.  If this all works out I will have put on a couple miles and not have to worry about gas.

Last day of vacation.  Not looking forward to going back tomorrow.  I already know my inbox at work is over flowing with spam, junk and meeting requests.  It’s uncanny how much email I deal with in a given day but you don’t realize it until your gone and it has a chance to build up.  There is easily over 300 messages and I will delete most of it.  When it shakes out there may be 50 messages or less that I have to deal with.  I did think about working some of today but changed my mind. 

Looking forward to enjoying some supper and spending the evening with my nagging gator.  We took quite a nap this afternoon and she was all curled up on one of my arms, it was just great to let go. 

Happy Monday!

No comments: