I had to wait until mid-afternoon but the other tree guy came around. His quote was a couple grand and I got the exact same quote 2 years ago from a different company. I remember because the dude who gave me the quote was young, handsome and super tall. We chatted and I got him to lower his price a little bit but not by much. We spoke about the other bid I got and he cautioned me against hiring the other guy because he never heard of him and said he has been in business for 21 years. He’s afraid that I will not get great service, the guy will make a mistake and in the end I won’t be happy. He told me that he would supply me with a full crew of guys who only work on trees and promised they would do the job right.
I get that one would want to discount or talk bad about competition and I heard what he was saying. It’s not like I don’t have the money but I want to hang on to it, meaning it’s better kept in my pocket than his. I hired the lower price guy and he said that he would be by in 2 weeks and that he would call when we got closer. I honestly don’t think I will be sorry but I suppose only time will tell.
Considering that I just saved some money I thought why not call and get an estimate for how much it would cost for someone else to clean out my gutters. I am waiting for a call back, probably will be tomorrow.
So much happened yesterday that when I woke up today I thought for sure it had to be later in the week. Nope it’s only Tuesday.
On a different note, I am sure that you have heard about the shooting in Boulder that happened on Monday. I’ve got a friend that lives in that area. I went to his social media and for some strange reason he hasn’t posted in 3 days. He’s always putting something up. My heart was in my throat as I listened to the names of the victims being read this morning on TV. Thankfully my friend wasn’t on the list. In fact no one that I knew was and that is a very good thing.
Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion and constitutional rights but these types of events are going to keep happening until there is gun control in place. There is no reason Fred, Sam, Julie or Mary need to carry a weapon that uses a high capacity magazine. Those types of weapons should be restricted. There is also another factor at play that no one is really talking about in my opinion and that is mental illness. We have a bunch of people in our country that are mentally ill. Sure not all mentally ill people are going to partake in a mass shooting event but there are some folks that are more prone to it than others. We all have times where we want to “kill” someone but that is a word being used out of context and it’s not something that most of us are going to do. The way we treat mental illness today is pass out pills. Some people are in institutions or hospitals but a good portion of people are free and just have to remember to take their pills.
I can’t fathom why one person would want to hurt, kill or injure so many innocent people. It’s nothing that I would ever dream of. When I think about hurting someone it’s myself not others.
Also contributing to this is the pandemic and everyone being isolated. Man was not meant to live alone and no man is an island. I get that things are starting to open back up and people are starting to slowly move back towards what we used to call normal everyday life. However, we have all been through a once and a lifetime experience that does cause change. Don’t let it be negative change. While I don’t think I will see it in my lifetime it would be great if we could all just get along and let there be peace on earth. We all have enough of our own problems to deal with.
I hope that your week is going well. My Gator is telling me it’s food time once again. I guess I will cater to her because she won’t stop meowing until I give in. The sooner I realize that and accept it the better off we will both be. Take care and we will talk again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment