31 December 2020

End of year thoughts

Death_to_2020

2020 was supposed to be the year that my life turned around. I really honestly felt that I would find love and that something really good would happen to me. Little did I, let alone any of us know that a pandemic would hit this year.

The worst thing that happened in my life this year was the loss of 2 of my cats. A friend that I never met in person died in the summer not due to COVID. I found out on Christmas Eve that I also lost a co-worker who passed away suddenly, this was not related to COVID. We weren’t close but we talked and she actually provided me some help. Death happens around us all the time but this year it seems to be one of the many things we hear about sadly all too often.

The best things that happened to me this year was being able to work from home and the rise in popularity of my blog. I know that I don’t often post about the greatest of things and that I am not a super star in the blogosphere, but everyone needs someone and I’m glad that our paths have crossed. This is mostly due to me visiting other blogs and leaving comments, the comments spark curiosity and interest and then people make a determination if they like you and want to link to you or if they would rather just move on. I have been fortunate enough to get a few sites to link to me and I am grateful for that. I return the love and I try to keep an eye out for those sites that continue to link to me so that I can continue the love.

I delayed plans to get a new vehicle in light of the pandemic, considering that I am not commuting like I normally do. This caused me to catch a break in that the vehicle that I wanted was a new model and had a recall due to a safety issue. I have plans to upgrade in 2021 but it will likely be later in the year. I hope that it’s financially feasible for me to do so. I know that vehicles are a horrible investment due to rapid depreciation and with the amount of normal driving I do it doesn’t make sense to lease.

With the restrictions in place and working from home, I am reminded more often than I care that I am all alone. I look forward to hopefully being able to make new friends and date when life returns to normal. Not to mention being able to hopefully drop some of this weight and hopefully fit back into my clothes more comfortably, that is if they still fit. I wear jeans and sweatpants but that’s not normal attire for the office.

While none of the dreams/desires I had for 2020 came true and it truly wasn’t my year, I have hope that 2021 will be better, not only for me but for everyone.

Don’t be afraid to leave a comment, I don’t bite and if you’d rather not have your comment posted say so and I will respect your privacy. While the world at large has made great strides with same sex relationships I realize that not everyone is accepting and that some people just feel uncomfortable or may not be out.

Stay safe and enjoy what is left of 2020. Happy New Year! Thanks again for your readership, it means a lot to me.

hny2021

2 comments:

Susan said...

Happy New Year, Jeremy!

Just wanted to say "thank you" for your blog. You have created a detailed journal of your life that is always intriguing. I look forward to finding out what 2021 has in store for you. Lots of good things, I hope.

I'm sure everyone wants to see the back end of 2020. It has to get better in 2021, right? *fingers crossed*

Take care, Jeremy. See you on the other side!

Joe said...

I hope you have a happier year in 2021, as I hope we all will. I feel much the same way you do. I had hope for 2020 for getting out and meeting new people. I’d started doing that more before the pandemic, but it took a lot of courage to do something that made me uncomfortable (being around a lot of people I don’t know). When this pandemic is over, I hope I can muster the courage to get back out there. I also hope
I’ll continue to lose some weight and feel better about myself.

I am so glad you commented on my blog and that we could connect. I have enjoyed getting to know more about you.

Best wishes and a Happy New Year!