15 April 2020

Breaking News

I just got a call and found out that my office is closed until further notice.  We have a possible COVID case.  I’m not sure if it’s someone in our office or if it’s in the building that houses multiple businesses.  Looks like I won’t be going back anytime soon.  I’m not disturbed by that in the least.  I do hope that whomever is affect by this makes a speedy recovery. 

Apparently the local government where the office is at will be making an announcement later this week as to the stay at home order and when it will expire.  It’s going to be sometime in May for now the big question is when. 

We have another office that has 2 cases.  1 person has made a recovery and the other one was in bad shape in the hospital the last I heard. 

It’s tough to fathom that something that is airborne can make you seriously sick or kill you.  What is worse is that you have been infected for a short time and by the time the symptoms show up is your only clue.  I like the app that Apple/Google are going to be coming out with.  You put it on your phone and you get a random ID for the day plus an identifier that changes every 15 minutes.  Your phone communicates via Bluetooth LE to other devices.  The system keeps track of who you came in contact with and if days later they report they were positive everyone that came into contact with them that has the app on their phone will get a notification.  So that you can self isolate and get medical care.  Of course there will be someone who takes advantage of this in some malicious way but the concept is a great idea and keeps everyone anonymous. 

There is also speculation that we will all need to implement some form of social distancing for the next year.  This virus is evil and not only is it affecting people who get it, it’s also affecting so many others because they can’t earn a living because their job requires them to show up in person.  Like hairdressers, restaurant workers, bar tenders, etc.  Very sad.  I hope someone is taking notes so that if this happens again we can be better prepared. 

Stay safe and I’ll talk with you again soon.

No comments: