Wow another week almost done. It’s been a little rough thus far. My boss is gone and you’d think that things would calm down but no such luck thus far. I had a machine come in from one of our remote locations, they beat the crap out of it and I had to put it back together. Plus it had viruses, spyware and malware on it so bad that my only option was to format and start over. Actually, that is pretty much the only way you can say with any degree of certainty that a machine is clean. There will always be something that your software doesn’t pickup or there could be traces left behind.
My neck has really been killing me but only when I am at work. Its obviously stress related. I’ve got this fear of being fired and I think it’s catching up to me. My stomach has been crazy since the weekend and I’ve had a couple of accidents – stuff happens so quick there is no time to react. The last one happened last night while I was at work waiting for FedEx to show up. Not fun!
Last night I declared a Technology Free night and just stayed upstairs in my room. Hung out with the kids and watched TV. It was fun but not long enough. A friend of mine called and that sucked up a lot of my time. We hadn’t talked in a while so playing catch up via phone.
I uncovered a plot to fire me. As I suspected it was all over WIFI. If this guy is that easy to upset my gut tells me that I won’t be here for a long period of time. Despite the fact that I think he actually likes me now and wants to keep me. I honestly don’t want to work here – the morals of these people are horrible. Most everyone is two faced and that really makes me mad. I mean if your going to say something about me behind my back, then you should have the balls to say it to my face. My new motto is trust no one, which is what I should have done from the start. Office environments are horrible for gossip and no offense but I am surrounded by females and they cackle all day long. It’s like Gossip Central here. I don’t genuinely care about anyone here because everyone is phony and plastic. Okay I think I made my point!
For some good news, I found out that my auto insurance rate is staying the same. My insurance company thinks I still am not working so that helps out as well. There are a lot of unplanned expenses that have cropped up lately for both of us and I’m trying to cover everything – it’s like that duck in the Aflac commercial when all those holes spring up in the boat. I’m running out of ways to cover, well not so much ways but money. I try to hold on to a little cash but it always manages to slip through my fingers. Another reason why I need a new job – more money!
I’ve still got a couple machines to get ready to ship out the door, plus what ever crops up that I have to cover. Yesterday was amazing quiet. Each day I think I will get to leave early but something always comes up to cancel those plans. Maybe today or tomorrow it will actually happen! I’m ready for a drink, massage, orgasm and then lots of sleep. Yeah, sounds like the perfect weekend plans I know! :)
If I was a good employee I would come back here over the weekend and install the Windows Updates for the servers and make sure they are all rebooted. However, I have given and given. They just take and take with no reward. Why bother! Yeah, it will come back to bite me in the end but I really need rest and downtime away from technology in general.
That’s my blather for today. Oh, I am looking for a new job and have actually got a call for an interview. However, they couldn’t accommodate my request for after hours. I can’t exactly take time off here, I mean I could but if I don’t get the new job then it looks bad and I’m stuck. So why bother, if a place can’t accommodate my request then I probably don’t want to work there in the first place. I realize no one wants to come in early or stay late but hey if you want good people, you will be accommodating, at least that is my take.
I need a good dose of happy right now. Well I guess I should actually start my day. Perhaps if time permits I will be back. Until we talk again, I hope all is well in your world. Stay cool, be safe and I will talk with you peeps later!
No comments:
Post a Comment