07 August 2012

Giddy like a school girl

I found out today as I had suspected my boss will be going overseas for a little bit.  Not exactly sure when he is leaving but it sounds like it might be as early as this week.  He picked up a sweet laptop called an HP Envy.  It’s an Ultra book, which is super thin and boasts great battery life.  You are supposed to be able to get about 7 hours depending upon how your using the machine.  The only draw back is there is no optical drive.  I purchased LoJack for Laptops for him w/o his knowledge.  This way I figure I am covering my ass if he should loose the thing or if it gets stolen.  Plus you can log in and the software will tell you where the machine was last used at, and give you the IP.  Pretty neat what technology can do, when it works!

Work has gotten a little easier.  I am still under pressure but I have been making progress with the equipment that is taking up way too much room in my office.  I got rid of 1 PC today and a printer.  Of course more equipment will be arriving tomorrow to take it’s place.  I am so far behind that I honestly lost track of who I am supposed to build a computer for.  It’s kind of boring going through the same process over and over but it’s what I am paid to do.  I wish we had Ghost or CloneZilla anything that would replicate a drive.  That would make this whole process go 10x faster.

I have kind of formed the impression that my boss really likes me and that I am going to be there a while.  I am still not letting my guard down and keeping an eye out for what’s out on the market.  However, it doesn’t sound like I will be kicked to the curb, at least not today anyway.  I really wish I could relax and get comfortable here. 

I told you in a past post about my Renters Insurance going up.  Well thanks to USAA & Liberty Mutual I will be able to leave my present company and get a better policy for a little less money.  It’s a savings of $9 but it’s more coverage.  So it’s one of those deals that I just can’t pass up.

USAA is for the Military and their family members.  I called up and explained that my father was in the Army and that my Grandfather was too.  I don’t know my father but I had all of the information on my Grandfather.  The person I spoke with felt sorry for me and transferred me to get an insurance quote.  While I don’t qualify for a traditional membership I can use them for things like Checking, Savings and Credit Cards.  I’m not interested in that, I just want good insurance at a cheap price.  If your in the US and have a family member in the military I would suggest checking into membership, you just might be able to save yourself some money.

I have been shopping for Auto Insurance and the quotes that I have gotten start at $600 and go up into $1,200 for six months.  Granted, I have more insurance than I will ever need from an Auto stand point but I was in that business and I saw people loose everything because they took out a Mercedes, Audi and hurt a couple people in the process.  The way cars are priced today is ridiculous!  However, I am hoping that my present insurer keeps my rates low or at least there is not a significant increase in my premium.  I keep checking everyday for a renewal offer but they like to make me wait.  Plus it probably doesn’t help that I complained to the company about raising my rates on my Renters Policy.  Until I know something for sure I just keep crossing my fingers.  The policy renews in early September so they should be presenting me with an offer soon.

So I am giddy like a school girl because I friended a porn star on a social media site.  He not only added me but wrote me a message.  It was short and sweet.  However, it was enough to make my day and I have been thinking about him all day long.  It’s just amazing how an act of kindness can make your day.

Well, I promised myself and the kids that we would have extra TV time tonight, so I need to get going.  Oh, my old school mate confirmed lunch on Saturday.  I am not thrilled about meeting him but I will just because.  I am starting to think he will try to get me into Amway or sell me something.  Totally not interested in any of that.  I’ve got bills to pay!

Take care and I will talk with you peeps later!

1 comment:

Jude said...

It sounds like things are going a little easier for you on the job and that's a good thing. And with the boss away for awhile that might help too!

Good job on the insurance, I hope your rate stays at a decent level.

Have a great week!