I have four more days (Monday thru Thursday) to get through and then my vacation starts. Unfortunately, I have to keep up with the stupid report that I run in the morning. It’s a two-person job so I will have a phone call with a colleague. We chat about everything and can easily talk for an hour or more about anything other than work. It’s kind of a challenge when one of us has the day off to try to stick to just the work stuff and then end the call.
While I am eager to start, I know that it will all be over in the blink of an eye and then it will be back to reality. When I go back on the 27th I don’t expect it to be that busy. I am ramping up for people leaving at the end of the year and the promotions. Being hourly I really looked forward to this time because it was a good way to make some extra money. Now that I am salaried, I am just a work horse and don’t get any extra pay for my efforts. Going into the new year it will also mean that I will be physically back in the office (most likely) and I am thinking about making a trip over to clean off my desk, hang new calendars and in general get things in order so I have a smooth transition. Plus walk around a bit to see what has changed. We have a ton of new faces and that is always fun trying to figure out what name goes with what person.
Nothing much in general going on today. I got up early, had breakfast out and then hit up the grocery store. Came home, unloaded everything and passed out with Gator. My stupid phone kept chirping with either news alerts or I would get an email from work. I hate being on call because it seems like when you want to relax that is when the phone starts up. Sort of like trying to squeeze in a nap during the workday. It matters not that it’s your lunch the phone does its job in pestering me. If it’s not the phone then it’s Gator.
I had thought about going out last night for supper but my sugar dropped and I wound up staying home. I am thinking of going out tonight but I will probably wind up staying home again, kind of depends on my mood and the weather. Plus, if I really want to get dressed again.
The house cleaning portion of the day is done and I did the dishes on Friday night before the big storm hit. I was out of bowls between breakfast and the Spumoni I got I was constantly using a bowl. I filled up again so I suspect I will have a similar problem come this Friday.
I’ve got some menial tasks that I am putting off for taking care of while I am off but I probably won’t want to do them then either. Relaxing and watching TV with not a care in the world is just my favorite thing to do right now. Gator likes to curl up in my lap or close by and nod off. She can usually lull me into a slumber because it’s just so relaxing to hear her motor running and then to hear her snoring. Cats in general have always had the affect on me and when I had multiples it’s like they would gang up against me and we would all wind up having a sleeping competition.
Here’s hoping that it’s a good week ahead for all of us. Take care and be well.
No comments:
Post a Comment