03 November 2021

Mid Week

We have finally had our first freeze and the forecast has chilly weather in store now.  It’s cold in the morning but warms up a bit in the afternoon and then as soon as the sun disappears the temperature drops. I have turned the furnace up but there are still sometimes when it’s a little nippy. 

Gator is doing okay, she isn’t terribly pleased with the food choices this week.  I don’t have a wide variety of food so she turns her nose up or eats a little bit and walks away.  I can try to do better this weekend but that kind of depends on the supply chain and what is available. 

As for working from home, this could potentially be my last week for that.  I will get an update later this week on what my employer was able to workout amongst management.  I am not terribly optimistic but then again I haven’t abandoned all hope.  I’ve heard from lots of people that the office is by far empty on most days, not everyone is coming in like they should.  I could easily be defiant and it probably wouldn’t be caught for a bit but eventually it would catch up with me.  Like it or not the pandemic isn’t over yet and heaven forbid when we go back to a 5 day in the office work week people will be revolting for sure. 

Tracked down my landscape guy and he’s still got me on his list but it is going to be a bit.  It’s been longer than his 5 weeks but that’s okay it’s not like I am itching to give away my money. 

Caught up pretty well on the TV that I have recorded on my DVR.  It is a bit challenging at times to find content.  Tonight will be one of those nights I think.  I know new stuff is coming to the streaming platforms it’s just a matter of waiting. 

My turkey day friends reached out they want to do the carry out option if it’s available.  I have yet to call to find out and it’s not like I am in a huge hurry.  I have given some thought to spending Thanksgiving alone this year but I think that would probably not be healthy for my mental well-being.  I know it would cause concern with my turkey day friends but to what degree I am uncertain.  I don’t want any drama so I will likely go along to get along.

Back to the fun that is work.  Hope your staying warm and doing well. I will be back with another update before you know it.  Take care and thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Hi Jeremy,

Really sorry there is so much strum and drang over you wanting to continue to work from home. I hope HR sees the light, and you get your wish. Take care. <3

Susan